Peacemaker is a tweaked JMP.

Clips tomorrow, i could write an entire review, but it's a waste of time. Boutique is bullshit. Play with soul.

wow, thats pretty shocking. you're a hell of a player and know marshall tone well. sad someone is charging that much for a tweaked simple marshall circuit.

see signature :cheers:

They are all charging insane amounts. I may not rock a 5150, or even go for the same tones, but I got a feeling you know what I'm talking about.

It's a beautiful amp, but it ain't no holy grail or "most high tone" (which homeboy should erase from his website cause it's fucking cheesy).

A few things:
Haven't played it with the band yet! Admittedly a huge factor and my opinion is worthless until then !!!

It's got just a slightly lower mid emphasis than a Superbass. And Vic obviously loves that circuit, or he wouldn't have made it as dark as he did.

Also has more gain than a JMP. Slighty grainy-er and trying to be more aggressive.

Have i mentioned the sweet ghost notes? It's like having a an octave down harmonizer that only shows up on the right notes.

All that said, I still dig It.

BTW, I have seen Sasquatch live, and dude runs a pedal into this amp clean and sounds terrible. And I love that band. Where the fuck is 70'sStrat when i need to be reminded that JMP is forever.

Honestly, I feel like a tool. Who falls into this boutique bullshit besides us retarded guitar payers?!?

You want a Dumble? Sweet, I'll play a Super Reverb with a tubescreamer and have it done.

We are all being taken for ride. Look a fucking Tag, PATHETIC.

Telephant":2fhxxzzm said:
Honestly, I feel like a tool. Who falls into this boutique bullshit besides us retarded guitar payers?!?

You want a Dumble? Sweet, I'll play a Super Reverb with a tubescreamer and have it done.

We are all being taken for ride. Look a fucking Tag, PATHETIC.

reminds me of the gold plated preamp tube pins. black magic is the evil cousin of deception it seems.

I'm not gonna front, but if you've played a JMP, then the cloners are worthless. They're variatons of what you know and love.

CaseyCor":1as0woz7 said:
Telephant":1as0woz7 said:
C'mon mang, gold = tone!
In all seriousness, my gold tipped cables sound better than the others.
I'm not gonna argue cable, but I know my Mogami's have taken the same beating my Monsters did and they are still going.

There are good things:

Power dampening works way better than people allude to. it might as ll be a PPIMV it just doesn't get quite as low volume.

Also, stop saying this amp doesn't clean up with guitar volume. It does. It's a slightly deeper sounding JMP. And when I say JMP, I'm talking NMV kind. For real, this Lions Roar really ain't different at all, except for the fact it's got slightly more grainy gain.

A/Bing my Superbass with this amp makes me laugh out loud.

You guys ever seen that picture of that fat bitter bastard KingCrimson next to his Herbert (used to have the link in his sig), where he looks super bitter and pissed at the world? I feel like that, only not as pathetic.

Also, if you can't get dark EJ tones out this amp, you're doing it wrong. This amp is dark unless you crank the high mid, treb, or treb vol. Interestingly, the tone controls actually work.

Telephant":wytxspjk said:
Also, if you can't get dark EJ tones out this amp, you're doing it wrong. This amp is dark unless you crank the high mid, treb, or treb vol. Interestingly, the tone controls actually work.

I read a thread not too long ago that there were only a few people around here that didn't sell theirs. Kind of makes sense now after hearing this :thumbsup:

Back