Peacemaker is a tweaked JMP.

HAHAHAHA!!

So Shea,

The Peacemaker is an IDEALIZED Plexi. If someone is having a hard time finding an original Plexi and has a the dough, the Peacemaker is the alternative.

As far Boutique goes... yeah it's alot of hoopla most of the time.

Telephant":e239533u said:
They are all charging insane amounts. I may not rock a 5150, or even go for the same tones, but I got a feeling you know what I'm talking about.

It's a beautiful amp, but it ain't no holy grail or "most high tone" (which homeboy should erase from his website cause it's fucking cheesy).

A few things:
Haven't played it with the band yet! Admittedly a huge factor and my opinion is worthless until then !!!

It's got just a slightly lower mid emphasis than a Superbass. And Vic obviously loves that circuit, or he wouldn't have made it as dark as he did.

Also has more gain than a JMP. Slighty grainy-er and trying to be more aggressive.

Have i mentioned the sweet ghost notes? It's like having a an octave down harmonizer that only shows up on the right notes.

All that said, I still dig It.

Got the Ghost Note Mod? Bummer....

Telephant":2p0m52ks said:
Honestly, I feel like a tool. Who falls into this boutique bullshit besides us retarded guitar payers?!?

You want a Dumble? Sweet, I'll play a Super Reverb with a tubescreamer and have it done.

We are all being taken for ride. Look a fucking Tag, PATHETIC.

:LOL: :LOL:

On the positive side you'll be the wiser when reading all the misinformation, bias, and bs on the gear forums. :thumbsup:

ITs the same old thing, what works for some doesnt work for others so in the end, just play what works for you...

That said, I had a sneaking suspicion that Shea was going to think something along these lines. Shea is Marshall to the core and he should just accept that. I love when he rants though!!! :LOL: :LOL: :thumbsup:

Id also be willing to be that if he sat down with the Hardcore Mojave Brotherhood and let them take him through the amp, he may have a slightly diffferent take.

Kage

Telephant":10rgcdi2 said:
Honestly, I feel like a tool. Who falls into this boutique bullshit besides us retarded guitar payers?!?

You want a Dumble? Sweet, I'll play a Super Reverb with a tubescreamer and have it done.

We are all being taken for ride. Look a fucking Tag, PATHETIC.
:LOL: :LOL: LOL

You are 100% correct and anyone who has been in the amp and knows their stuff will tell you the same.(although Im not sure if its a JMP circuit but definitely Marshall)
The thing is that when the Peacemaker came out you were paying for Vic's knowledge of how to tweak a Marshall circuit because most of the Marshalls Ive played varied in tone. He semed to have the recipe of putting the right components in the right places but to be honest with you, in this day and age ,lots of guys know how to do this, so Id gather that's why The peacemakers resale value is what it is. The way I look at it, You got a good Marhshall amp for a good price, and given the way you play, you'll make it scream. :rock:

Telephant":1st1fggh said:
You guys ever seen that picture of that fat bitter bastard KingCrimson next to his Herbert (used to have the link in his sig), where he looks super bitter and pissed at the world? I feel like that, only not as pathetic.
:hys: :hys: :hys: :hys: :clap:

Telephant":30l0q40h said:
Literally.
Well... Literally, it is a very slightly tweaked '68 12000 Super Lead circuit with high tolerance parts. It is nicely hand-wired and from my experience they sound very consistent from amp to amp, probably due to the tolerance of the parts and consistency of build. Darker sounding than most Super Leads as you say...

I just bought a hand build Metropoulos '68 12000 Series Lead clone and with a loop and PPIMV, it is $3K. Tons of Marshall clones come in in this range. It ain't uncommon. If you want something hand built in the USA, that is what it costs to (barely) keep these guys above water.

Try buying a real '68 Marshall 12000 Super Lead in great condition... gonna cost a lot more than 3K and how it sounds at this point is gonna be a crapshoot...

....and what are you cryin' about anyway ( :D ) - all this is common knowledge on a number of boards you read and you paid $1400 for it, which was a great deal. You got a great sounding amp for a great price - be happy. ;)

Steve

it's not a slo?

I mean with a name like the plexi45 and tributes to the best non master amp and...

well the jmp is the best right.

...inb4 ods doesn't look like a fender circuit on the inside so it's not same
dumble is best. lololol.

Ive had 3 Mojave's...Bought a brand new Coyote when they first came out, bought a used Coyote, and a used Peacemaker. I was pretty sure of what I was getting before I purchased them, and thats what I got. Killer Marshall sounding amps. Are they worth the price that Vic asks brand new? I guess thats up to the individual that buys it to decide.....they arent cheap, no doubt.
As Steve pointed out above, the one important thing with the Mojave is the consistancy. Older Marshalls.......its a crap shoot every time. Ive been down that road. I had a 76 JMP.....great amp , but the Mojave, for me is a much more useable, better sounding amp.

wait so, where can I buy a used 68 Marshall superlead for $1400 that doesn't need a lot of maintenance and sounds full , thick and is reliable?

^^^^ and has the ghost note mod done :D

Just kidding. Seriously, good point though.

I appreciate the honest review, but had the same thought that, well…you’re getting a really well built jmp for cheap.

Good thread :rock:

loudgtr":2v1utrk9 said:
^^^^ and has the ghost note mod done :D

Just kidding. Seriously, good point though.

I appreciate the honest review, but had the same thought that, well…you’re getting a really well built jmp for cheap.

Good thread :rock:

Plexi's ghost note like crazy.

I don't know what Shea was expecting :confused: When I bought my Peacemaker, I wanted a real '68 Plexi. They were $3500 back then. Have you checked them lately? $5000-7000! My Peacemaker was $2k new back then. I love it! It's a freaking, brand new, extremely well made Marshall Plexi. You want to complain about something, complain about a brand new Marshall made Plexi reissue and what those cost and they way those sound.

I have two early JMP's, a '70 and a '72.... both in great shape and two of the best sounding Marshalls I've ever owned. I've weeded them out of dozens over the years. yet, my Peacemaker sounds as good if not better than either of them. And there's no way you would be able to buy either of my early Marshalls for $1400.

The WHOLE point of the Peacemaker to me, especially if you snagged it for $1400 is this. Put your Marshall in your closet and pull it out for studio work. Use up the Peacemaker. Gig with it and don't worry about it. If there's an issue with it, the guy building it still has all the parts to fix it.

Chubtone":1210wzfs said:
[I wanted a real '68 Plexi.
Holy crap, dude... You oughta play my new Metropoulos 12000 Series. I just got it yesterday and put it through it's paces last night. I was shocked at how much gain it has compared to the PeaceMaker. At least it seemed that way last night. Great tones and the PPIMV works great to my ears. I was running the El Capistan in the solid state loop and (at first) goosing it up front with a Badgerplex, but the Badgerplex really wasn't needed and I liked the distorted tone better without it. Everything on 10 but the Presence (6) Treble (8) and Volume I (8.5). Volume II off, not bridging channels. Varied the PPIMV from off to bedroom... I was playing with the VH clone guitar I just threw together with the EVH Frankenstrat pickup in it... I see no need to cascade to get VHI lead "liquidity" anymore...

Oh... and by mistake, I turned the Suhr Riot on my pedal board on and the damn thing sounded like my CCV! :LOL: :LOL: :rock:

Steve

Telephant":khfetkjw said:
You guys ever seen that picture of that fat bitter bastard KingCrimson next to his Herbert (used to have the link in his sig), where he looks super bitter and pissed at the world? I feel like that, only not as pathetic.

So, how fat is he? :confused:

You know, after playing some old Rectos boosted with Maxon 808's i wonder why anyone would blow $4,000 on a Herbert?

Back