Peacemaker is a tweaked JMP.

Telephant":2v5qmntu said:
You guys ever seen that picture of that fat bitter bastard KingCrimson next to his Herbert (used to have the link in his sig), where he looks super bitter and pissed at the world? I feel like that, only not as pathetic.
Hey FU f'n little puss boy. Take your POS PM and stuff it where the sun don't shine you little weenie gobbler.

Attachments

• HPIM1019.jpg
    HPIM1019.jpg
    730.9 KB · Views: 1,664
kind of a weird post. I thought everyone here know what was up in the amp bus. There is nothing new uner the sun kids.

Its how you arrange what already exists that makes it or breaks it.

I beleive the peacemaker uses the whol triode in the first gain stage. Marshall never did that. That trick has been around a while but Mojave sure made it sound great in a 2204 2203 circuit.

the coyote uses that trick too. Maybe i get em mixed up but you get the idea. If the price is right for you and it does what you need, what difference does it make.

if your looking for something brand new, you'll die old and grumpy. :LOL: :LOL:

King Crimson":3gli5u2l said:
Telephant":3gli5u2l said:
You guys ever seen that picture of that fat bitter bastard KingCrimson next to his Herbert (used to have the link in his sig), where he looks super bitter and pissed at the world? I feel like that, only not as pathetic.
Hey FU f'n little puss boy. Take your POS PM and stuff it where the sun don't shine you little weenie gobbler.

Hey Crimson, your one stylish dude!!
Dig the court clothes :rock:

jerrydyer
Post subject: Re: Peacemaker is a tweaked JMP.

kind of a weird post. I thought everyone here know what was up in the amp bus. There is nothing new uner the sun kids.

Its how you arrange what already exists that makes it or breaks it.

I beleive the peacemaker uses the whol triode in the first gain stage. Marshall never did that. That trick has been around a while but Mojave sure made it sound great in a 2204 2203 circuit.

the coyote uses that trick too. Maybe i get em mixed up but you get the idea. If the price is right for you and it does what you need, what difference does it make.

if your looking for something brand new, you'll die old and grumpy
:thumbsup: +10000
Oh, and BTW, If you dont like your Peacemaker stock, send it to Jerry.....He can tweak it just right, trust me!

Low volumes is def. not where she shines. The pwr damp really changes the tone on mine. I NEVER use it. Slaved, or set cleaner with a pedal is the way to go - unless you can stomach how loud it is with the Treble Vol. around 7. Even better maxed. IMO, Bass vol. is to dark.

I hated mine right out of the box, but the more you mess with it.......

Then again, I like skank.

Also, I don't hear ghost notes, but they could be there and I just don't recognize them.

interesting

sorry it didn't float your boat, but your not alone.

the PM crew has spoken. excited to soon be home long enough to pick mine up from vic!
still the best pure rock amp tone I've ever heard or played by a long shot.

There seems to be an emphasis that part of the reason a PM is desirable is because it is built well and parts are available for it. Last time I checked, it is still pretty easy to fix an old Marshall. My '77 JMP has been all over the world and still kicks huge amounts of ass. Does everyone else's shit the bed? :confused:

killertone":3oglnmtn said:
There seems to be an emphasis that part of the reason a PM is desirable is because it is built well and parts are available for it. Last time I checked, it is still pretty easy to fix an old Marshall. My '77 JMP has been all over the world and still kicks huge amounts of ass. Does everyone else's shit the bed? :confused:

There's a big difference in the value of a '77 JMP and the '68 Plexi that the Peacemaker is based off of. I dig my 2204, but the thing is worth maybe $1000 at most. I would never buy a $2000 amp to replace it, but I wanted a real deal plexi and not a reissue and this was before Metro Amps existed so I got a Peacemaker as an affordable alternative to a real plexi. I don't think a Peacemaker sounds anything like what I consider a "JMP" to sound like. We always refered to the 2203 and 2204's as JMP's. The earlier amps were Super Leads. Just semantics, but the PM does not sound like a 2203 or 2204.

Chubtone":1uan5uvz said:
I got a Peacemaker as an affordable alternative to a real plexi. I don't think a Peacemaker sounds anything like what I consider a "JMP" to sound like. We always refered to the 2203 and 2204's as JMP's. The earlier amps were Super Leads. Just semantics, but the PM does not sound like a 2203 or 2204.

yup

I've played many marshals before and after the PM I could have bought but none of them do what the PM did for me tone wise

played 4 peacemakers and never heard a ghost on any

mentoneman":2830i787 said:
I've played many marshals before and after the PM I could have bought but none of them do what the PM did for me tone wise
My Metropoulos 12000 Series that George built for me would do it for you. Did you hear the clean clip of it I did with th El Capistan and Badgerplex?

mentoneman":2830i787 said:
Me either. I've played probably 6 of them at this point and I've never heard it. Maybe I'm deaf or don't know what I'm listening for?? :confused:

Steve

Chubtone":1ymr2abu said:
killertone":1ymr2abu said:

There's a big difference in the value of a '77 JMP and the '68 Plexi that the Peacemaker is based off of. I dig my 2204, but the thing is worth maybe $1000 at most. I would never buy a $2000 amp to replace it, but I wanted a real deal plexi and not a reissue and this was before Metro Amps existed so I got a Peacemaker as an affordable alternative to a real plexi. I don't think a Peacemaker sounds anything like what I consider a "JMP" to sound like. We always refered to the 2203 and 2204's as JMP's. The earlier amps were Super Leads. Just semantics, but the PM does not sound like a 2203 or 2204.

Right on. My post was less about what a PM is or isn't and more about whether people think that JMPs are that hard to fix or are prone to breaking down. Mine isn't so that is what I was basing it on. :thumbsup:

killertone":1696j8ua said:
Right on. My post was less about what a PM is or isn't and more about whether people think that JMPs are that hard to fix or are prone to breaking down. Mine isn't so that is what I was basing it on. :thumbsup:

I've been hearing for 27 years how temperamental Marshalls are and how prone to breaking they are. I can't think of a single instance where a Marshall let me down and broke. Sure they've needed tubes but other than that, extremely reliable.

I'll chalk that up to another gear myth that I disagree with like Les Pauls are the best sounding guitars, Floyd Roses sound thin, blocked tremolos sound better, guitars with no finish sound better etc etc. :yes:

So who is going to send one of these super marshall PMs to Fortin so that they have some gain to them??

Yeah that should fire up the PM crew.........................

Chubtone":534r35t8 said:
killertone":534r35t8 said:

I've been hearing for 27 years how temperamental Marshalls are and how prone to breaking they are. I can't think of a single instance where a Marshall let me down and broke. Sure they've needed tubes but other than that, extremely reliable.

I'll chalk that up to another gear myth that I disagree with like Les Pauls are the best sounding guitars, Floyd Roses sound thin, blocked tremolos sound better, guitars with no finish sound better etc etc. :yes:

Exactly! :LOL: :LOL:

Digital Jams":534r35t8 said:
So who is going to send one of these super marshall PMs to Fortin so that they have some gain to them??

Yeah that should fire up the PM crew.........................

:uzi: :codeak: :hys:

Chubtone":rww2jb07 said:
killertone":rww2jb07 said:

My first '72 Marshall blew up all the time...had it fixed numerous times and ultimately gave up. Sounded good when it worked. :confused:

Greazygeo":k1hgpdm6 said:
Chubtone":k1hgpdm6 said:
killertone":k1hgpdm6 said:

My first '72 Marshall blew up all the time...had it fixed numerous times and ultimately gave up. Sounded good when it worked. :confused:
I hope your work on the Chevelle works out better!! :LOL: :LOL: :D

I hope your work on the Chevelle works out better!! :LOL: :LOL: :D
I did rack up almost 4000 miles on it since Aug somehow. Still a ways to go, but it drives and handles pretty darn good. Hope to take it to the track in the spring.

sah5150":1ng4sr57 said:
mentoneman":1ng4sr57 said:
My Metropoulos 12000 Series that George built for me would do it for you. Did you hear the clean clip of it I did with th El Capistan and Badgerplex?

mentoneman":1ng4sr57 said:
Me either. I've played probably 6 of them at this point and I've never heard it. Maybe I'm deaf or don't know what I'm listening for?? :confused:

Steve
heard the metro
Sounds great--I'd love the 6 was 9 or the jtm 45 too

still very much anticipating the special peacemaker

Back