podhd500x

stephbrch64

my pod500x (back up)
is acting up the volumes and settings move and screens change volume drops whats going on?

Has it been stored in a dusty environment?

I'm wondering if it's possible that this behaviour has been caused by dust buildup in the pots.

Welcome to the forum, mate. :thumbsup:

not too dusty but that could be a possibility. I did blow them out with a can of PC spray for pcs. but still does it. do I try and clean them myself or take to service center? thank you

Honestly, I can't say for sure which way to go mate, especially as I don't know if spraying them would void any warranty or whatever.

If you don't already have it, I strongly recommend you buy a can of Caig DeOxit™. It's been the undisputed king of electrical-contact cleaners since God knows when with audio engineers the world over. One can should last you a lifetime. As a bonus, you'll find yourself fixing all manner of obscure problems you'd otherwise have written off as throwaway items.

Seriously man, the stuff's magic. Use it on mixing-desk faders and pots, input jacks, outboard gear... anything where electrical contacts are critical. Leaves no residue and is safe for plastics.

So, that'd be my next move with the POD. Spray, turn the knob / switch the switch, wait a few minutes and spray again to remove the loosened residue.

thanx my brother from another mother down under, from dallas texas! ill give that a shot and post some jams for you...you have some i could hear? i have my helix use primarily but theres some killer rock leads i have on this girl.

Naa... I've got nothin' mate; long story. I spent 2 years heavily editing the POD HD500 'though, which is why I replied 'cause I figured I might be able to help.

That thing where settings change screams dirty pots to me, so I'm hopeful the DeOxit will sort this out.

Back