Post the guitar you've owned the longest!

From the 80's & sold them all. So my oldest guitars now are both 2007, Fender USA Deluxe Strat and a Gibson Blonde Beauty. Hope to add a Tele and thats it.

No relic top, no sanded neck. 1971 Gibson I bought used in 1987.

DSC04190.jpg

DSC04195.jpg

1982 Gibson flying v that had a floyd rose put on it in 1983 :thumbsup: this was my number 1 guitar for about 15 years

Attachments

• head stock.JPG
    head stock.JPG
    778.5 KB · Views: 3,564
  • 100_6831.JPG
    100_6831.JPG
    977.7 KB · Views: 3,551
1994 MIM Fender Strat. After sticking with my grandmothers beat up acoustic guitar for the summer, my father took me to Don's Green River Music in Auburn, WA and let me pick this guitar out for my 14th birthday. At this point the only thing that is stock is the neck and body. Stickers kind of just naturally happened as I would play shows in hardcore punk bands and be given stickers. :LOL: :LOL:

94_Strat.jpg

mojotone":202x0s1o said:
No relic top, no sanded neck. 1971 Gibson I bought used in 1987.

DSC04190.jpg

DSC04195.jpg
There is enough DNA on that guitar to clone the last two owners :LOL: :LOL:

:thumbsup: to natural play wear...

Sorry that I'm a little late to this party, but I did have to think about it, '88-'89 Ovation Thunderbolt. I really do love this guitar, say what you will. It got a lot of stage time back in the day and held up VERY well, as you can tell. Don't play much acoustic, on stage, anymore, but this is the first guitar I played for my wife. Lots of memories in this baby. Yes, I'm a rocker of the 80's.

b419149e.jpg

Really enjoying seeing these guitars! It's very cool that some of you guys have had them for so long - some longer even than I've been alive!

IMG_2256.jpg

Say hello to the Pirate! Here's an older Peavey Patriot that I've had since the late 80's. For some reason I love this guitar! It has always been the one guitar that I play when practicing at home or noodling around. I just recently installed a JB in the bridge, updated all the wiring and shielding, installed a new cable jack and CTS 500K pot and gave her a good cleaning. Believe it or not the neck on this guitar is one of the best I've played, at least in my hands. It's always straight and feels great. Overall, for a beater this guitar sounds so good that I have actually used it live a few times. The sounds resonates very well and the sustain is great. Not sure if it's the really light weight body or soemthing else but there is something special about this guitar, at least to me.

fluff191":3q61wzae said:
1994 MIM Fender Strat. After sticking with my grandmothers beat up acoustic guitar for the summer, my father took me to Don's Green River Music in Auburn, WA and let me pick this guitar out for my 14th birthday. At this point the only thing that is stock is the neck and body. Stickers kind of just naturally happened as I would play shows in hardcore punk bands and be given stickers. :LOL: :LOL:

94_Strat.jpg
Dude......love it!!! :thumbsup:

1973 gibson sg standard. bought it brand new after high school graduation. satin finish.. bigsby.. ebony fretboard.. bone nut. it was also the first year that paf's patent ran out so gibson came out with a new humbucker called the super and it was only available on 1973's with bigsby's.. or so i was told. that's what's in mine. just re-set the action and intonation on it last week. still plays and sounds great.
i've also got a '78 ibenez cn 100 with super 80's. it's also very nice. i traded in something for it.. don't remember what.. but i've had it for around 35 years.

i got this new in 2001 and its the longest guitar i currently own or have owned, i have no thoughts of selling it either, this one might go with me to the grave.
DSC00834.jpg

The guitar that I've had the longest is my 2001 Gibson Les Paul Classic. I purchased it in 2002. It has been my main go to guitar ever since. I've lost count how many times I've changed the pickups in it, but it's always delivered the sound and feel that I wanted to hear. It's the only guitar in my stable that is in absolutely no danger of going anywhere. I'd say that I will be buried with it, but in truth, when that time comes it will be passed to my daughter- who I hope will enjoy it as much as I have.

DSC_0090.jpg

In action...
IMG_0147.jpg

100_1090.jpg

This is my 87 Kramer Pacer. Bought it used in 87. It was about 6 months old when I got it from a friend. Still use it all the time. Underrated and versitile guitar.

can you tell this was 1986 ?

Attachments

• 36944_138793082798578_38623_n.jpg
    36944_138793082798578_38623_n.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_20120626_185629.jpg
    IMG_20120626_185629.jpg
    433 KB · Views: 195
Back