Price check on a les paul

tpruitt

Any ideas on a price for this les Paul?
1976 ,standard ,natural with case.
Player condition. Not real beat up
Original pickups are gone (looks like original pots)
Original tuners swapped for Grover
And someone drilled a hole for coil tapping
Original frets
Pickup rings are cracked

Attachments

• 8B33A194-8D7C-4E5E-A9FF-F344DAE33322.jpeg
    8B33A194-8D7C-4E5E-A9FF-F344DAE33322.jpeg
    243.6 KB · Views: 83
  • D68E541C-038C-4686-81FC-65D65AAF1E0E.jpeg
    D68E541C-038C-4686-81FC-65D65AAF1E0E.jpeg
    228.2 KB · Views: 82
Buying or selling ? Probably up closer to 3k,, check some sold items on FleaBay and Reverb..

That whole will likely put you closer to 2K than 3K would be my guess, maybe less. If you looking to acquire, I'd be cognizant of that.

After looking at what is available on Reverb, eBay and other sites, I’d say around two grand for that guitar, the hole does take away a few hundred bucks and it’s pretty plain.

If it played really nice, and sounded good, you could order a $50 wrap and turn it into something cool to gig with.

Original frets aren’t a plus if your going to actually play it. They weren’t large to begin with and they become low and flat pretty quick. Nice guitar tho. $2500.00 max for me.

yeah, with all the mods around 2-2.5k. These are great players! I was eyeballing a 76 for a bit and by the time i made the decision to buy it someone snagged it. Still kicking myself for that one.

I would agree with the above statements and I was going to say $2,000 to $2,200 that's a pancake body right I owned a 76 years ago and it was just over 11 lbs beast of a guitar though

200 bucks LOL ! Aren't those Norlins ??
Norlins are the best Les Pauls you can play.

The new Les Pauls are like cheese in comparison, if you play tons of guitar. The new LPs are very pretty, the wood and the way they make these guitars is sterile, they are hollow sounding production pieces produced merely for shear profit. They even smell cheesy. There had to have been some journeymen craftsmen still working when Norlin bought Gibson with years and years dedicated to making the absolute best instruments that they could, they're made the way I like my guitars made.

All the Gibsons, especially Explorers I've played from the 90's on, were shit compared to Jacksons, PRS, CS Strats, Charvel, Tom Anderson from the same era. The music that made R&R sound like R&R had Norlin LP's as a backbone.

New LP's are shit compared to Norlin era LP's. YMMV.

whoever drilled it was a moron...but I would make the best of it and install a kill switch. That thing with some emg's would kill. There's a reason why Zakk's customs have maple necks.

Back