Question about Mesa Bass 400+

skoora

Would this be one of their power amps combined with a bass voiced preamp. Just wondering what a guitar pre would sound like going into the FX return, giving it a cool double duty.

skoora":1qmq6ajc said:
Would this be one of their power amps combined with a bass voiced preamp. Just wondering what a guitar pre would sound like going into the FX return, giving it a cool double duty.

It would work. You could buy the Mesa Bass 400+ amp head, run it as a bass amp, and run a guitar preamp into it in mono, but not as a bass amp or guitar preamp/power amp at the same time.The weight of the Bass 400+ is heavy & is 4 rack spaces and the power conditioner/preamp/effects processor would add to the weight & space in a rack case. Or you can buy the Strategy 400 power amp or a different brand of tube stereo power amp and run your guitar preamp of choice in either a mono or full stereo set up.

Guitar George

Hamer95USA":1g5dnxuy said:
skoora":1g5dnxuy said:

It would work. You could buy the Mesa Bass 400+ amp head, run it as a bass amp, and run a guitar preamp into it in mono, but not as a bass amp or guitar preamp/power amp at the same time.The weight of the Bass 400+ is heavy & is 4 rack spaces and the power conditioner/preamp/effects processor would add to the weight & space in a rack case. Or you can buy the Strategy 400 power amp or a different brand of tube stereo power amp and run your guitar preamp of choice in either a mono or full stereo set up.

Guitar George

I like the idea of economy where I would get a bass amp as well. Currently using my MK V as power for my Quad pre.

Back