Question on Torpedo live

Mr. Pentatonic

OK, so I downloaded some IR's from Redwirez and loaded them into the Torpedo Remote software. I put them into the "impulse" folder and in the Remote software I clicked on the memory button and then dragged and dropped them into either User 0,1,2,3 . So when I used the knob on the torpedo live, I only see one of the IR's, the only other ones on the actual machine that I could find are the presets. Is there a way to just get to the User patches on the torpedo live? When I use this live, I obviously won't have the Torpedo Remote available to pull them up. I looked throught the manual and I can't find into on how to do this.

BTW- The redwirez 68' basketweaver G12M IR is excellent sounding.

Each User bank can hold 128 IR's so place this batch all into bank user 0 slot 1-etc. you'd select the bank and then scroll to select which IR in that bank

You may need to rename them to keep track, as the Redwirez naming is long and the first display is the left edge. If you stop turning, it will flash through the entire file name and you'll see that there are different IR's

for example:
Orange 4x12- V30's - L47- cap Edge - 3 inch
Orange 4x12- V30's - L47- cap Edge - 4 inch

in both cases, one first just sees "Orange 4x12" so it appears that there aren't 2 distinct IR's but they are there; one option would be say to rename to:

3in L47-CE Orange 4x12- V30's - L47- cap Edge - 3 inch
4in L47-CE Orange 4x12- V30's - L47- cap Edge - 3 inch

etc.

It's really much easier to select your sounds with the remote, save them as presets and then navigate presets at the gig without the remote handy...at least at first.

Andy

You just click on save and navigate to a blank preset or one you don't want to keep, you can also just save on the front panel.

Just to be sure everything is clear:

- The cabinets you upload are not presets, they have to be backed up/uploaded onto the machine using the Memory Manager

- once they are into the Torpedo Live memory, you can save presets with those cabinets.

FYI for new users, the other thing I noticed about third party IR's is that you won't have as many editable parameters as a *.tur file in Two Notes format (ie, with the Redwirez IR's, you won't be able to change mics and cabs, but will be able to change the power amp and EQ options unique to the CAB itself). Maybe there's a way around that, but that's how they load initially once put into a preset.

TTripp":kl4prv7f said:
FYI for new users, the other thing I noticed about third party IR's is that you won't have as many editable parameters as a *.tur file in Two Notes format (ie, with the Redwirez IR's, you won't be able to change mics and cabs, but will be able to change the power amp and EQ options unique to the CAB itself). Maybe there's a way around that, but that's how they load initially once put into a preset.
I think there is more information stored in a .tur file which is not in a regular IR.

I think there is more information stored in a .tur file which is not in a regular IR.

There is WAY more information in a .tur. It is definitely NOT a simple IR file.

And sadly, as there is no normalized measurement protocole in the Redwirez or other 3rd party IR vendors, we cannot give the same options.

when you downloaded the files - did they show up as wav files? I'm a little new to this and I downloaded a couple redwirez ones and would like to try them in the Torpedo live. Any help would be great.

place them in a folder you can access easily with a simple name like IR4Torpedo placed in the folder where the Two Notes Cabs already are....on a Mac it's in Library/Application Support/TwoNotes Audio Engineering/Impulses

With Torpedo Remote connected and open, go into the Memory section and select a bank for IR's (user 0- user 3), Now direct the brower to locate your IR files (you'll see a folder icon). You will now see all your IR's available on the left. Select up to 128 IR's and drag them to the right side. Remote will now transfer the IR's to your Torpedo (after you click that you accept)

You will then exit Memory Manager and return to the main editor. Instead of the Guitar or Bass bank, select the user bank you filled and then select the IR. You can also do this step right on the Torpedo front panel

Andy

Thanks guys - got going last night. This is going to become a HUGE, integral part of my rig. Now if only two notes will get a cab in there with Scumbacks...

We are making some huge change in the architecture of all the software/firmware to allow a new option, which is linked to your wish, it takes time but I think you'll like it.

Back