Rackmount Soldano SLO, feeding my obsession

Hey guys

Does anyone currently on the forum have a Rackmount SLO? I know Sharkdiver had many, not sure if he is still around these parts. Anyhow I kinda want one for some dumb reason, I know it will be hard to find and I'll pay through the nose for one.

Anyhow, there is a Russian amp builder making clones of the SLO rackmount and I might go that route because it's so inexpensive. I know you get what you pay for, been there done that.

Anyhow, anybody have some experience with them and or cool pics you want to share?

Cheers.

C

It's funny man...that's one of those amps I'd grab if I saw it, even though I'm not actively looking. Couldn't articulate why any better than you, other than I played one once, and have a spare rack. :LOL: :LOL:

I sold one to a dude here a few years ago. Can't remember who. Nice amp. I just liked my 2204 better and didn't really play it after getting the Marshall.

Had it in a rack with a Rack Wah and a Chandler SDE-1 delay.

Myasnikov_Custom":32dsxgxx said:

Bit more of a low mid push from the real Soldano. Both sound good though but maybe the edge to the real deal though the second half of the video they are dialed in pretty damn close.

I love mine ! Bought about 10 years ago. It is my main amp ever since. One minor niggle : the fan is kinda noisy for low volume practice. Strange thing is that I recently bought a SM100r (same thing as the SLO100r without the preamp) and the fan is really silent. The SM100r has replaced the SLO in the rack. I plan to put the SLO in a custom headshell atop a custom thiele/EVM12L 1x12 with the same dimension to create a mini-stack of doom.

vi37gk.jpg

Jack Luminous":3jtzbyk0 said:
I love mine ! Bought about 10 years ago. It is my main amp ever since. One minor niggle : the fan is kinda noisy for low volume practice. Strange thing is that I recently bought a SM100r (same thing as the SLO100r without the preamp) and the fan is really silent. The SM100r has replaced the SLO in the rack. I plan to put the SLO in a custom headshell atop a custom thiele/EVM12L 1x12 with the same dimension to create a mini-stack of doom.

vi37gk.jpg

OT: That's an old Boogie 'shock rack' aint it?

DiezelMonster":1j6kifns said:
Hey guys

Does anyone currently on the forum have a Rackmount SLO? I know Sharkdiver had many, not sure if he is still around these parts. Anyhow I kinda want one for some dumb reason, I know it will be hard to find and I'll pay through the nose for one.

Anyhow, there is a Russian amp builder making clones of the SLO rackmount and I might go that route because it's so inexpensive. I know you get what you pay for, been there done that.

Anyhow, anybody have some experience with them and or cool pics you want to share?

Cheers.

C

I had one but don't think I have any pics. I bought it in 1999 for 900.00 from Rich Steier from Warrant. Crazy what they fetch now.

Jack Luminous":d4s03j6m said:

vi37gk.jpg
I like that setup! Always wanted an SLO ! all the gear I have bought over the years I could have bought one but never did.

I have all mine still. Only stuff I play. SLOr, SM100r, X88, X99. The only amp/pre I have gotten in the last few years is the Matchless GPR-1 - always wanted one and finally was offered one.

The SLO is just perfect for me. I use low output pickups, and pretty much use low gain with a couple boost pedals. Just articulate as hell with a great cut and punch. Sounds super heavy in the mix, though it really isn't.

Back