Randall Diavlo 1w head $149

I managed to score this stupid deal before they sold out. I thought it was a remarkable discount and quickly did a little research. Not much to find on a quick search, but really what more do you need than the video right on the MF product page? Well done demo there! Hell yes. The other two vids on YT didn't do as much justice.

I'm hoping it's a fitting replacement for the Zvex Nano head I let go years ago and have regretted ever since.

I always wished the Nano had more gain and with a boost it was awesome but still maybe not Diavlo territory.

Last edited:
Was gonna buy it but decided to show some restraint. When one of you guys decides to sell it for $100, hit me up :LOL:

I ordered one, saw it had a loop and couldnt resist. this video sounds decent enough, i figure with a boost and eq in the loop i can get it ripping

I had one as well as a RD 20W head. The Diavlos are voiced really nice for a low price metal head. The 1W was apartment quiet though, far too quiet for my needs. Hard to go wrong for that price though! I think the sweet spot is the 5W Diavlo because it's Class A.

They do sound great with V30s.

I had one as well as a RD 20W head. The Diavlos are voiced really nice for a low price metal head. The 1W was apartment quiet though, far too quiet for my needs. Hard to go wrong for that price though! I think the sweet spot is the 5W Diavlo because it's Class A.

They do sound great with V30s.
I used to have both the 1W, and the 5W and the 1W sounded way more "real" through a big cab, if that is a thing. The 5W was a bit too harsh/bright for my taste, and the class A thing made it have too much of a different feel compared to "real" high-gain amps. Almost felt more like running a very bright distortion pedal through a Valve Junior.

The 1W sounded great at low volumes, but I always wished the TSS switch was a knob instead of a switch. I felt position 1 was unusable, position 2 was just a tad too middy/stuffy, and position 3 was too scooped. Position 2 was pretty usable through a big cab, though, and position 3 was alright through a 1x12 and boosted with a middy Tube Screamer for quiet home practice.

Last edited:
Back