Randall Diavlo When?

Capulin Overdrive

Anybody actually know when these will hit the streets?

I tried to score an RD50 at the blowout price, and the bastards took my money and said backordered. I've played along for awhile hoping i'd get an RD45, but now about ready to make them give me my money back before they declare backruptcy.

Randall's sales rep brought in an RD-5 head and RG13 pedal yesterday and I really dug the RD-5 head. So much in fact I put on the full court press trying to get him to sell me his sample. He wouldn't but I placed an order yesterday and he said the whole line was in stock.

Chubtone":2sy1dst1 said:
Randall's sales rep brought in an RD-5 head and RG13 pedal yesterday and I really dug the RD-5 head. So much in fact I put on the full court press trying to get him to sell me his sample. He wouldn't but I placed an order yesterday and he said the whole line was in stock.

Yeah but can it do Ratt? lol I think people are sick of us asking.. how did it compare to the blue channel on the EVH head?

I've got an RD20 here, got it from Instrument Alley though I would not recommend dealing with them. Took them 8 freaking days to ship an "in stock" head to me.

Kapo_Polenton":3n83r13l said:
Chubtone":3n83r13l said:

Yeah but can it do Ratt? lol I think people are sick of us asking.. how did it compare to the blue channel on the EVH head?

It will take some time to see what I think about the RD's when I try recording with them. I'll keep you posted. I better not like the $299 RD-5 head as much as the blue channel on the 5150 III. :D

I am super happy with my RD5. When I have the spare change, I'm getting a RD20 or RD45. I sometimes run the RD5 with 2 4x12s and it sounds killer. Running it through a 100 watt power sections is so awesome too. V

I bought a used RD50H used from a forumite
the build quality really surprised me
better project, finish and parts than a 50w jet city and also more features, like the real spring reverb (which is actually very useful, unlike most amp reverbs I've seen in heavy gain amps) and footswitchable built-in boost
headshell is smaller than it looks on the pics

the tonal range offers much more than what I've seen in videos and clips
it sounds really good and versatile without the need of boost pedals, but it works pretty well with them
the gain pot is the most usable I've seen in a high gain amp
no mud or fizz even when maxed and doesn't thin things down in low settings
the only high gain amps I've played with that sort of articulation without losing openness were diezels
the Randall reminds me of the 50w Einstein I had home for a couple months, but without the blistering mids and with fully usable gain pot (the diezel gets oversaturated with the gain around 7)
just wish it had a little more mids, but it's quite well balanced

and it's indeed modified, not factory adapted
I opened it up and took lots of pics

didn't enjoyed it much with the Scumback H75's you sold me, but it sounded absolutely amazing with v30's and with my 50w mg music black dog speakers (also made with weber parts, similar to a silver bell, like a fatter and more rounded g12m)
apparently, it goes well with more midrangy speakers (well, I'm a midrange addict)

215364_3100066318299_706899304_n.jpg

602496_3100025197271_1689971070_n.jpg

technomancer":ebtamnwg said:
I've got an RD20 here, got it from Instrument Alley though I would not recommend dealing with them. Took them 8 freaking days to ship an "in stock" head to me.

Just ordered an RD20 from the same guys.Did you mean it was sent 8 days after payment,or that you received the head in 8 days?For what it's worth,I believe that most Randall dealers drop ship from Randall's distribution center,so maybe that's a reason for the lapse.Btw,how are you liking the amp?

Ed

Back