Recommend me a Guitar wireless

skoora

Looking for an inexpensive wireless, <$200, that I can use for living room playing so I don’t need to have a cord lying across the floor. Any recommendations? USB chargeable is a plus. Do the 2.4Ghz ones mess with your 2.4Ghz internet wifi?

I had the same question not that long ago.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=206155

I ended up getting the xVive after several recommended it to me ($150) and after mistakenly purchasing a cheap Donner ($80) first without taking advice. Yes USB charge. A little bit of interference (in my case) but unless you are playing softly right in front of the speaker cabinet I doubt it will bother you. I got mine so I can crank it up and walk upstairs or walk outside so...

Also, GuitarBilly uses his to gig with so...

I have the Boss WL50 in my home studio and the Line6 G10 in my living room. Both work great. The only thing to note is the plug will not fit some guitars like my Caparison which has a diagonal input jack. Also these will not work with active pickups. But for 90% of guitars, they work great.

Shure GLXD-16 if you are a gigger. Mine's been remarkably reliable on small and big stages (HOB size) and I hear and feel ZERO latency, even if there is one.

Actually decided to take a chance on one off Amazon. It was well reviewed and under $40. Worst case I'll return it.

I bought a Boss WL-60 & it's been 100% through a couple months of practice & 1 gig. The tone was better than the WL-50 when A/Bing them. No problem with active PUPs.

GJgo":33psh5jw said:
I bought a Boss WL-60 & it's been 100% through a couple months of practice & 1 gig. The tone was better than the WL-50 when A/Bing them. No problem with active PUPs.

I have both of these as well. The tone was definitely without question the exact same for each going into the same amp and using the same cable from the wireless to the amp. Both are using the same wireless protocols, same line of sight, same frequencies and same cable tone output options. One has a fancier display showing the frequency you are at (which is useful, no question) and replaceable batteries. Nothing more. The reason they did this was due to the fact that most pro users required replaceable batteries for shows and a different cabling setup due to different guitar configurations. Also, not everyone liked the dongle version of the WL-50 series as there were some jack fitment issues on certain guitars. I prefer the 50 as the rechargeable dongles are great, reliable and long lasting.

Either way, both great setups!

:rock:

I’ve been using the Line 6 G50 for about 5 years. Here, Europe, all over. My gear is not babied, it’s built tough. No noticeable sound degradation, and not one issue.

The $40 ones off Amazon were a bust. Noticeably thinned the sound and accentuated high end. So if you have a bass heavy amp that you struggle to get bright enough these might actually be a boon. Lol.

skoora":1m8bg263 said:
The $40 ones off Amazon were a bust. Noticeably thinned the sound and accentuated high end. So if you have a bass heavy amp that you struggle to get bright enough these might actually be a boon. Lol.
if I was in your shoes, I'd probably check out the AKG and Boss units first in your pricerange.

I use a Shure GLX16D myself, which is great and all (built in tuner is handy), but way out of your budget.
Previously, Line 6 G30; worked fine in 95% of the time, but kinda flimsy transmitter. I bought it when they were almost double the price of what they cost now and stupidly sold my workhorse Nady True Diversity VHF system. I should have hung on that thing; built to last, no interference and since I don't do shows near military airports or hospitals, the VHF transmission shouldn't be an issue. ;)

Oh well, you live and learn. The Shure is sturdier built even than the Nady, by the way.

I ended up squashing down my setups to one main pedalboard, 1 amp and a couple of 1x12 cabs. Now, the WL-50 units have been great and I have had no issues with either of them. I’ve had 2 of them for 2 pedalboards since they came out.

I sold both of them recently and moved to the new Sennheiser XSW pedalboard unit. Running it through it’s paces tomorrow night for rehearsals and then a gig next week.

On another note, do any of y'all know of a bluetooth unit that could be used to put in a headphone jack of an interface so I could use bluetooth headphones. Trying to cut the cord on the cans.

I have the line 6 g30 if I could have found the G10S I would have that instead though but they seem to stop making it

Back