Recommend me an acoustic pickup

Norton666

I am looking to add electronics to my old Guild. I want it to be permanent install , and as unnoticeable as possible.
The guitar was my old mans , and it means the world to me , so I want to make sure that I don't butcher the guitar with the install. Cheers!

I had a K&K installed in my 1966 Martin D-35 by a tech friend. The install isn't complicated, I just preferred he do it rather than me make a mistake.

Definitely k&k, I have one in my Taylor, no butchering necessary and it sounds great, especially if you get a model with a mic.

I put an LR Baggs I beam in my acoustic last month on the advice of the guys at Sweetwater. I'm happy with it so far. The only modification is drilling out the block to 1/2" for the preamp/jack at the strap button location. You can have it installed in a half hour including removing and reinstalling the strings.

I had some more expensive pickups in mind but I explained that I was looking for the most natural acoustic sound rather than it sounding like a pickup in an acoustic, he told me if I brought him a $100,000 guitar and told him the same thing that the LR Baggs would still be his recommendation.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/IBAS

Back