Reverb selling

rsm

I found an item listed for $749. I offered $700. Offer expired.

I think that's a reasonable offer price, if not I think it's close enough for a counter offer.

Maybe I'm wrong?

End of rant

Maybe they didn't see the offer in time before the expiration? Reverb has been weird lately not notifying me or even sending emails. I've heard some others are having these issues. I would message the seller directly and ask if they'd be interested in your offer. GL!

yes, I made the same offer again. We shall see if they see and respond.

I have an item listed for sale for $800, if I get a reasonable offer, I'll counter. If I get an offer for $500, which I have received, I'll ignore it.

so seller declined my second offer of $700 for an item listed for $749 without a counter offer. So I offered, $675. :D

if you list an item and accept offers, make a counter offer if you get a reasonable offer, asshole. I can see if I offered $600 or less, I'd ignore me too.

now I'm just playing with this dipshit. each time he declines without a counteroffer or the offer expires, I will offer less. I got time. I don't even want the item from this shithead now. I'll pay someone else even more.

if you list an item and accept offers, make a counter offer if you get a reasonable offer, asshole. I can see if I offered $600 or less, I'd ignore me too.
I hear you. I don't get why people who "accept offers" deny reasonable offers without messaging or countering either.

I tried to buy a pedal last week that was listed at $220. The builder has them listed for $200 on his site but they are currently out of stock. I offered $200 to the seller and they denied instantly with no message.. Really dude? Why even have the option?

Man, I've seen numerous offers for expensive amps get countered for within $20 of the asking price. Usually, I'll just try to make an offer to offset the cost of sales tax which totally screws a lot of otherwise good deals. Perhaps it would have been wise to wait a couple of weeks and let his confidence diminish a little before making a second offer.

Last edited:
found the item at my offer price from a different seller, similar condition. waiting for this offer to expire cuz I don't need two.

the original seller has it listed at the same asking price for over one month, with only 5 offers, 3 offers are mine.

edit: asked a question on the item from the other seller I found; got a good response in a reasonable time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Geo
found the item at my offer price from a different seller, similar condition. waiting for this offer to expire cuz I don't need two.

the original seller has it listed at the same asking price for over one month, with only 5 offers, 3 offers are mine.

edit: asked a question on the item from the other seller I found; got a good response in a reasonable time.
You should point that out to Seller #1.
What is it for can I ask?
You'd think Seller #1 is aware of Seller #2's price offer.
Seller #1 must think his/her item is 'better'.
Ask him/her why you should pay more for theirs.
Then offer them $748 and then ignore them after that :D

Reactions: rsm
@311splawndude I'll just troll seller #1 who won't make counteroffers with ever decreasing offers. I've had potential buyers lock my item with offers, or even accept my price only to never pay, locking my item even longer. Seems like the sporting thing to do here. :D

Seller #1 can think whatever, but should respond to reasoable offers with a counter offer, or why accept offers in the first place? Someone commented perhaps the seller isn't capable of understanding how offers work, or how to not allow them on their item listings?

If Seller #2 still has the item when my open offer to Seller #1 expires, I will buy it from Seller #2.

I think that's a reasonable offer price, if not I think it's close enough for a counter offer.

Maybe I'm wrong?

End of rant

What item are you after?

This. $50 isn’t worth getting all worked up about it.

Let it go.
sure it is. like I said, I'll buy it from someone else; already found another seller offering the same item, similar condition, for the same price I offered, $700

Maybe I'm wrong?

End of rant
That was totally fair IMO. Oh well, offer them $500 next and maybe they'll wish they had taken the $700. If they let it expire, offer $300 and maybe they'll start sweating really hard and then cave in and accept it. :confused:

I have a hard enough time getting people to respond to questions, let alone offers.

People suck, plain and simple. There's a guitar on there I'm ready to buy, but the guy won't answer a simple question.

sure it is. like I said, I'll buy it from someone else; already found another seller offering the same item, similar condition, for the same price I offered, $700

buying from someone else, yes. But hounding the guy on reverb and carrying on on an internet forum is a bit much because you couldn't buy something from him for $50 less than you want to pay. Just seems like a trivial thing to get all worked up about. Move on the the next seller if that guy isn't interested. No one is forcing you to buy it for more than you want...just like noone is forcing him to sell it for less than he wants.

What I really love is the indecisive pricks who have an item listed for months and end the listing when somone shows interest in it.

Back