Rock Track using Suhr Reactive Load IR

That's some pretty damn bitchin funky playing there! Sound was good but I still prefer a mic where applicable but the Suhr reactive load is probably the best one. I have a Reload but don't use the load much.

That sounded absolutely fantastic! Sounds like a 69-72 Marshall SL to me. A speaker might have a bit more dynamics but for an IR it's awesome.

OOOO by the way you are channeling some serious JEFF BECK sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Killer licks and Swag!!!!!! :thumbsup:

thanks guys!...it was my first attempt at speaker less. I just have a booth with cabs in it, so the ambience isn't anything worth note.

But using the RL made things a lot easier honestly. My amps are so loud even in the booth if miked that the playback isn't possible being in the same room, and even with headphones on, I had to have the music playback so loud it was hurting my ears, it was worrying me and hurting me!
So at least now my ears are safe. I did track both, and found dealing with all the speaker issues I described, it wasn't worth miking.

The main tone is a 73' Marshall 50 watt head. The solos are a Badger 30 top and the big chords use both the Marshall and 66' Princeton reverb. The PR is also the middle clean tone.

Thanks again for listening!

PM

Nice job Peter! It's a good recording, but I was more focused on and impressed by the playing than anything else. That was some very cool stuff.

It sounds great.
If you didn’t say it was an RL, I bet no one would know.
Maybe it’s the smooth recording technique...

What IR cabs and software??

That sounded real good man! Were you using the stock Suhr IR's? If so which bank/number?

Thanks Guys!...@ littleguitars, I'll take that man..lol

All of the IRs are Two Notes WOS Celestion GB except for the Princeton Clean tone where I used the WOS vibrolux IR.

Thanks again for listening guys!

PM

Very cool, just got a Suhr Reactive Load IR, so many choices for IRs out there, that is going to be a lot to explore, but should be rewarding.

Back