Scorpions - Can't Explain

IndyWS6

So many songs to choose from, and this is a cover, but it has to be one of my favorites. The guitar work and tone is off the charts.

I see the SLO(s) in the video - anyone know if that's what was really used? Whatever it is, it sounds fantastic.

Just my .02, YMMV, Reza may not like it, it's "Hair Metal" :D

I love The Who and I generally don't like to see classic songs messed with, but I always thought this was a really great take on a classic song. They added a really cool twist to it.

I've got all the Scorps albums from In Trance thru Crazy World but when the I can't explain single was released I never gave it chance , the Scorps covering the Who just didn't seem right . Listening to it now I must say I like it a lot and the tones are killer . Good job OP , you've done your good deed for the day

Yeah, Bad Boys Running Wild & Arizona came up on my huge random playlist in the car the other day, and I just totally cranked them up!!! Scorps rule! Such great tunes & tones :rock:

Matthias can play his ass off & Klaus Meine's voice is one of the best ever :yes:

I like that cover but I have never been a major Scorpions fan, they are too 'slick' sounding for their own good, IMHO... TBH, for Who covers I actually love this one way more:

And I don't even like those guys as much as I like the Scorps.

The Who are ripe for covers because most of their tunes sound great with an even heavier tone/mix.

Elric":2m5najua said:
I like that cover but I have never been a major Scorpions fan, they are too 'slick' sounding for their own good, IMHO... TBH, for Who covers I actually love this one way more:

And I don't even like those guys as much as I like the Scorps.

The Who are ripe for covers because most of their tunes sound great with an even heavier tone/mix.

That is a good one

Love it or hate it....
Great white doing the Who's "Substitute"....
My all time favorite WHO cover. They nail it. :rock:

The 1984 Love at First Sting concert (yep, old) in Savannah, GA, still holds the distinction of being the loudest show I have ever seen in my life. It was exhilarating and painful in equal measure.

Rising Farce":3eksamtt said:
The 1984 Love at First Sting concert (yep, old) in Savannah, GA, still holds the distinction of being the loudest show I have ever seen in my life. It was exhilarating and painful in equal measure.

Saw that tour too (Sac, Ca Cal Expo Amphitheatre) outside gig so the sound was perfect! Remember it like it was yesterday. Pretty sure Dokken opened up for them, or possibly a then unknown band called Bon Jovi!

Junk Yard Dog":326tgg9a said:
Everyone should watch the Scorps documentary that came out. I think it's on Hulu.

I'll be sure to check that out. I love band documentaries. Hysteria was great I thought.

I did like the Scorpions but as an 80's child I missed the train. I only heard the hits and never was huge into them. Skid Row was probably my favorite rock band as a young kid and the first cassette I ever bought but I liked a lot of the bigger hair bands like Twisted Sister, GnR (not really a hair band) Poison, etc. and the Scorpions. "Jump" was the first VH song I heard if that tells you anything :LOL: :LOL:

Will definitely check out the documentary. Thanks for posting.

gtrwun":2st6ubj8 said:
Rising Farce":2st6ubj8 said:

Saw that tour too (Sac, Ca Cal Expo Amphitheatre) outside gig so the sound was perfect! Remember it like it was yesterday. Pretty sure Dokken opened up for them, or possibly a then unknown band called Bon Jovi!

I saw that tour in So Cal and remember Bon Jovi opening up.

Mailman1971":252eiddw said:
Love it or hate it....

Wow, that was AWFUL haha!

The Scorpions one wasn't much better. 80's rock is my favourite genre, but when they cover older rock songs it just never works for me. Lynch Mob's "Tie Your Mother Down" is another horrible example.

geetarmikey":qmi0pzap said:
Mailman1971":qmi0pzap said:
Love it or hate it....

Wow, that was AWFUL haha!

The Scorpions one wasn't much better. 80's rock is my favourite genre, but when they cover older rock songs it just never works for me. Lynch Mob's "Tie Your Mother Down" is another horrible example.
Really? :confused: We are polar opposites :LOL: :LOL: I really like the cover by Lynch Mob. The song is easily recognizable but it has a distinct GL guitar vibe. I've always liked that song/riff, so I'd probably like any cover that didn't trash the song.

Speaking of covers, and going back to Mailman's Great White post, the "Great Zeppelin" stuff is outstanding. If memory serves, and I'm paraphrasing, they asked Plant about it and he said something like "he does me better than I do me". :thumbsup:

Ive liked Great White & Lynch Mob since they came out.

Not sure of the hate.

Mark Kendall was one of Mike Soldano's first customers.

I remember seeing a Great White concert years ago on MTV. They did Zep's "Since I was Loving You' and I remember thinking it was great.

Back