Seems Marshall new ownership starting the downward slide to make more money.

The entire reason you’d go 2203x over say ceriatone was for the dagnall iron. If it’s not the same dagnall iron as the prior years, you could argue why limit yourself to made in Vietnam at $3500 and go Merren or Heyboer on your own kit?

Marshall is playing with fire. There are countless companies doing a 2203x at this moment that if you aren’t getting real dagnall made in UK iron with your Marshall that the doors are WIDE open to do whatever you want on your own 2203 kit of preference.

What should be concerning them is just how close some are getting the 1959HW sound of real 1968 amps at similar cost basis and with more features. Look at the SL68 mkii or the metroplex mk II for example.

They are stepping into one of those shallow puddles that seems centimeters deep at first, but is actually deep enough to drown in.

The 1KHz bellhousing oscillation would drive me nuts. I know others too.

All I know is...I just received my Alta 100 from Jason, featuring Heyboer transformers. This amplifier is absolutely incredible, I'm basically speechless. If anyone is gonna call Marshall out on these antics it should be him.

And is Marshall still relevant? The name, always. New products? Not so much with cats like Jason raising the bar to new heights. Thanks for sharing.

Anyone want fill us in on the “New owners”?
soros-1.jpg

:D

I would still rock one of these...I'd rock a Wangs cheap 1987x hand wired. I'd rock anything plexi/jmp/2204 ish. I have a bugera 1960 infinium and it can get pretty greasy. Get the volume up and these amps are gonna cut and kick some ass. Just being honest.

This is sad.

Also just saw that...It sucks.
"I just checked my Vintage (
😅
) 2020 2203, which i got used for 850.- € ( haha ) and was happy to see, that it has Dagnall Transformers in it. It replaced my '83 some time ago. I'm disappointed by them for using cheapo Transformers now... I never heard one, but i wouldn't buy one either."

Back