Seems Marshall new ownership starting the downward slide to make more money.

Guys, sorry to necro this thread.

The new Marshall JVMs sound awesome. I was used to only relying on my old JVM, which I sold, for the OD1 orange channel.

But what I realised after buying a new one is that the new red channel in orange mode sounds even more brutal.

No fooling, my recording methods suck, but I’ll try to get it a mic recording done in the next couple of days.

Meanwhile, here is the orange OD1 channel that everyone raves about. Sounds awesome imho.

It’s got some chunky gain goin on there. The issue was more or less Marshall using import parts which may or may not be built to the same quality standards and last over time.

All that matters in the end is whether you like the amp. 😎👍

It’s got some chunky gain goin on there. The issue was more or less Marshall using import parts which may or may not be built to the same quality standards and last over time.

All that matters in the end is whether you like the amp. 😎👍

That could be a valid point. I have no idea and will only be able to say if it lasts after a long time.

What I was talking about was the OD2 channel after the new trannies were introduced. Seems more usable. More definition.

Used to own an older JVM, if that helps.

So here's the video as promised. I compared Channels OD1 and OD2 on the JVM. Funnily enough, I think the best tone I got out of the amp was with all the EQ controls at noon on OD2. Just very modern sounding.

"But the Vietnam amps are just as good as the UK". [pun]
um but the VN amps don't cost $3500 bucks.
if they're using the same parts the assembly is about the same skill level.

Headfirst Amps did a comparison of the SC20H(UK) vs Origin20H (Vietnam) - really not much of a difference compared to the price

:dunno:

d0fogwva1efwm2ho4hgh.jpg

For $3500 a JCM-800 better blow me & buy my dinner and have Dagnall's.

Back