Votes: 43 47.3%
  • I don't care

Votes: 20 22.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goat":1irxw1lg said:
This is primarily an 80's hair metal forum, which means most members are likely in their 50's by now. As a kid, I always said; The older people get, the more intolerant they become. So far, I haven't seen anything that would modify my observation.
In some ways perhaps. I've noticed after a few decades on this planet, in some cases I'm getting milder and more nuanced.
One thing that I'm getting intolerant of is tough-guy posturing. :jerkit:

And I too did notice the comments of at least two posters that are NOT Krull, that did seem to veer towards physical threats.
"Blablah, it will be a short conversation and you won't like the outcome" and "meet my friends Smith & Wesson" come to mind. :lame:

Anyone can sound like a tough guy on the web, whether you're 12 or 52. I prefer just not needing to resort to that; shows more character and grit, methinks.

Carry on.

Freedom of speech isn't protected in a privately owned international forum. If the owner doesn't like your post, or it goes against the discretion of the forum... bye bye!

Larry go take one of the inline 6's out for a spin and breathe in that German country side air.

controlled_voltage":3bbh2s8u said:
Krull HAS BEEN a consistent toy / jerkoff long before the larry/fortin clusterfuck.
He adds nothing of value and wantonly degrades most threads.
That's not free speech, he's just a cunt for the sake of being a bloody syphilitic cunt.
it's like a dead squirrel caught in the ceiling tiles that eventually turns to maggots and then flies but the process of doing that is repugnant and foul hence ruining the forum experience.
This 100%. :thumbsup: Trull brings nothing but negativity and hostility to this forum. Rigtalk is free and self governed. Membership is a privilege, not a right. Nobody here owes you a Goddamn thing. Freedom of Speech? FOS guarantees you won’t be persecuted by your government. It makes no guarantee from your employers, your friends, family, clubs, groups, forums, or society in general. Basically, you reap what you sow. Act like a jagoff, get treated accordingly. I totally understand the argument AGAINST banning, but I think some of those preaching FOS just like watching a good car wreck :D . ignore him? How do you ignore someone who clogs up posts with his bullshit as frequently as he does? An otherwise interesting topic turns into an all out Trullfest, not to mention him constantly beating a dead horse into dust. The guy is obviously miserable, and negativity is all he brings to the forum. He does not make it a better place in any way, shape, or form. And like many others like him before that have been banned, he brought it upon himself, and will not be missed in the least. There’s a big difference between calling for someone’s head because you disagree with them, then calling for it because they’re nothing but a miserable fucking troll.....

This OP reads as others commenting on Krull. That is irrelevant, if you want to oust someone, you should state what that person did that is so egregious.

But in general, starting a thread like this would be an example of someone I would vote out. STFU with your drama and talk about gear.

Zachalou":2toakxem said:
Only thing I’m wondering is the details on Fortins “thievery” mentioned here. Asking as a potential customer

Let me see if I can summarize this in the least amount of words as I can:

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away...
Wait no sorry
A long time ago Larry started making amps
His take on a modded Marshall
They were (and are) very well built - The gut shots I've seen are works of art
The transformers alone are like four figures and a long wait time
Larry doesn't copywrite his schems or patents his circuits/design
Big question as to if there is enough difference to even patent?
And another big question as how can anyone even enforce?
Mike Fortin wants to buy one before he was amp builder (2007)
I believe he got the schematics too - from Larry
Larry claims he has 344 emails with Mike talking technical specs
Why he gave Mike all of this information we don't really know either
Mike then forms a company and starts building amps
Questions about Fortin's ethics and build details grease the skids about 6 months ago (2019) Meshugga
Larry determines/announces that some of Mike's amps are a direct ripoff of his stuff
Specifically the 'bite and punch' aspects of Larry's that Mike renames 'girth and grind'
Forum threads ensue on Rig-Talk (and other forums)
The first 2 threads listed below were locked about a week ago
The last thread down there is Larry's where he outlines all of this in great detail
People still want to know more, discuss, buy Larry's amps, buy Fortin's amps

Let me know if I didn't get that right.

Personally, I feel like Mike probably did 'reuse' some of Larry's circuit ideas, but they were never protected to begin with and hard to enforce, especially in an industry where everything is basically a ripoff of something that came before it anyway. :dunno:

That's why I keep posting cats and boobs. It's all a bit of a joke and also quite sad on both sides of the story and I don't have enough detail to make a decision one way or the other.

First
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=208860

Then
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=209113

Larry's
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=209164

Krull":2nqn0fja said:
Haha talk about pussies. Wow Larry has got to be the biggest pussy I have ever seen. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

So Larry wants to ban me for what? Telling the truth? Ok go ahead and ban me. I can’t wait to see all those NAD posts in the next 5-10 years. Peace out.
We’re pussies? Not everyone can be a big tuff guy like yourself, anonymously spewing constant bullshit from the safety of his own home without repercussions, when in reality you’d get your ass kicked on a daily basis if you walked around talking your shit like you do here....You are the one that sounds like a petulant, bitching, bleeding, Midol eating little pussy. :LOL: :LOL:

ghosty999":udn45ko4 said:
Freedom of speech isn't protected in a privately owned international forum. If the owner doesn't like your post, or it goes against the discretion of the forum... bye bye!

Beyond Black":udn45ko4 said:
controlled_voltage":udn45ko4 said:
Krull HAS BEEN a consistent toy / jerkoff long before the larry/fortin clusterfuck.
He adds nothing of value and wantonly degrades most threads.
That's not free speech, he's just a cunt for the sake of being a bloody syphilitic cunt.
it's like a dead squirrel caught in the ceiling tiles that eventually turns to maggots and then flies but the process of doing that is repugnant and foul hence ruining the forum experience.
This 100%. :thumbsup: Trull brings nothing but negativity and hostility to this forum. Rigtalk is free and self governed. Membership is a privilege, not a right. Nobody here owes you a Goddamn thing. Freedom of Speech? FOS guarantees you won’t be persecuted by your government. It makes no guarantee from your employers, your friends, family, clubs, groups, forums, or society in general. Basically, you reap what you sow. Act like a jagoff, get treated accordingly. I totally understand the argument AGAINST banning, but I think some of those preaching FOS just like watching a good car wreck :D . ignore him? How do you ignore someone who clogs up posts with his bullshit as frequently as he does? An otherwise interesting topic turns into an all out Trullfest, not to mention him constantly beating a dead horse into dust. The guy is obviously miserable, and negativity is all he brings to the forum. He does not make it a better place in any way, shape, or form. And like many others like him before that have been banned, he brought it upon himself, and will not be missed in the least. There’s a big difference between calling for someone’s head because you disagree with them, then calling for it because they’re nothing but a miserable fucking troll.....

To all this written above I absolutely agree - 100% - and I don't feel a necessity to still add my own words.

311splawndude":24jxdixk said:
That's why I keep posting cats and boobs. It's all a bit of a joke and also quite sad on both sides of the story and I don't have enough detail to make a decision one way or the other.[/color]
My position exactly.

I'm sure that some of it may get lost in translation, but what I have noticed is that every time someone (mildly) critisizes Larry here, those persons will typically get some form of backtalk in a pedantic/holier than thou way from him. Mostly uncalled for. If you're (so) great in what you do, why then still feel the need to belittle others? :confused: Have your products and reputation speak for itself.

IMHO, don't brag about 'not needing the money' constantly, when you're charging +$6k prices. Are you free to charge whatever you want? Sure, by all means. But then at least be humble about the rest of it. You mention 'being lucky that not everyone will/can buy your amps'. Not only does that sound inmensely condescending, LUCK ain't got shit to do with that, Freund. Just a very hefty pricetag. :LOL: :LOL:

Imagine Jeff Bezos telling his forklift workers (you know, the ones that have to pee in a bottle to skip their lunch time to meet their targets) "You know guys, making $5bil. per year is fun, but really, I don't need the money anymore..." I would assume then some of those workers might actually be thinking of bringing THEIR Smith and Wesson friends over for a little 'chat' with big B. ;)

Unless a builder has copied a patented circuit, no infringement has been committed. Anything beyond that is philosophical discussion. i.e. Useless.

Larry,

For a guy who charges what you do and has a ridiculous wait time you sure do act like a little girl!
Over at TGP you were defending yourself when you didnt deliver one of your amps, going so far as to cry about being up all day soldering without a break and that you cant see and woe is me...blah blah.. and here you are acting like a teenager with this nonsense.

Ask yourself this... Would a respected builder like Peter Diesel for example put up a post asking if a member should be banned?
In that same post on TGP post I mentioned that you can get close to Jon's tone with the right outboard gear and you went on this absurd rant. Nothing for nothing but it seems you are constantly defending yourself. Maybe there is a reason for that.

If I just sent you $2k up front and was told you would talk to me in 2 years only to find you in gear forums posting up shit posts like this I would have to have my head examined! You may be widely respected with circuit design, but you sure seem like a pompous ass on every other level. If Krull gets banned then you should too.

Goat":2rcb7tig said:
Unless a builder has copied a patented circuit, no infringement has been committed. Anything beyond that is philosophical discussion. i.e. Useless.
Definitely wrong!

There are some more laws for protecting IP - patenting only is the most bullet proof way doing this.

But more I can't and won't tell you about it on advice of my attorney.

phil b":2nwu2r4p said:
Ask yourself this... Would a respected builder like Peter Diesel for example put up a post asking if a member should be banned?
In that same post on TGP post I mentioned that you can get close to Jon's tone with the right outboard gear and you went on this absurd rant. Nothing for nothing but it seems you are constantly defending yourself. Maybe there is a reason for that.

In the case of Peter Diezel the answer is yes. You must not have spent any time around him. Peter can be a little bitch too. Anyways, Krull is a cunt. I personally wish him a short life, but it is up to Mailman et al. whether to ban him. If so, I would recommend IP. I would wager that more than one person posting in this thread is Trull. Also, Krull may not have threatened me, but his personal insults know no bounds.

Ry Manchu":7pqsyb48 said:
I would wager that more than one person posting in this thread is Trull. Also, Krull may not have threatened me, but his personal insults know no bounds.
I second this!

novosibir":3uqrlpk0 said:
Goat":3uqrlpk0 said:
Definitely wrong!

There are some more laws for protecting IP - patenting only is the most bullet proof way doing this.

But more I can't and won't tell you about it on advice of my attorney.
Good luck with that. What exactly are you claiming as intellectual property, other than your brand?

Goat":2fhgcv5l said:
What exactly are you claiming as intellectual property, other than your brand?
Only a fool would reply to this publicly, as soon as a law suit already is rolling ;) :D

novosibir":1yeebzqt said:
Goat":1yeebzqt said:
What exactly are you claiming as intellectual property, other than your brand?
Only a fool would reply to this, as soon as a law suit already is rolling ;) :D
Like I said... good luck with that.

I invented this back in 1985. I sent drawings, directions... They declined; due to cost, and then released it 1 year later. Because I didn't protect myself, they obtained my design.

T8vkAhl.png

This Larry has been trolling you all for the last week non-stop. He may know how to build a good sounding amp( although that remains to be seen, I havent heard any great sounding clips of a Larry yet). He's a bigger troll than Krull is lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back