Shrapnel guys that kept growing musically

Donnie B.

Banned
I could name a bunch but it'll be more fun if ya get one pick per post.

This guy humbles me probably as much as anyone these days

Then:

Couple decades later: (FF to 1:50 for the solo)

Funny story about Brett Garsed. Around 1998, my buddy and I met up in LA. We did a tour of all the guitar shops, Mesa Hollywood, etc.

I was trying to find EVHs house, and my friend was big into Brett at the time. He kept mentioning him and was playing some of his stuff while we were there.

One day, we happened upon Musicians Institute and he said Brett was teaching there and wanted to check it out. We literally open up one of the first doors and some guy introduced himself to another guy, “Hi , I’m Brett Garsed.” I laughed and I think my friend passed out.

Yep, good list. Tony Macalpine, Paul Gilbert and Vinnie Moore were the ones I was thinking of. Tony Macalpine’s Death of Roses album a couple years ago is completely badass, give it a listen if you haven’t. Heavy, melodic, awesome chops.

Joey Tafolla caught the tail end of it but the dude was already playing with swing and all sorts of tasty chops. Wasn't Blues Saraceno also a Shrapnel guy? Both guys can still kick all sorts of ass and swing their asses all over the place phrasing wise.

Joey Tafolla caught the tail end of it but the dude was already playing with swing and all sorts of tasty chops. Wasn't Blues Saraceno also a Shrapnel guy? Both guys can still kick all sorts of ass and swing their asses all over the place phrasing wise.
Blues was not a Shrapnel artist as far as I know.

Kotzen for sure.... he's grown so much musically since the first album. i heard in a recent podcast that Jason Becker actually produced his first album. pretty wild

Kotzen for sure.... he's grown so much musically since the first album. i heard in a recent podcast that Jason Becker actually produced his first album. pretty wild

You can tell haha....the production on that album was abysmal :LOL:

Electric Joy was amazing though :love: Fever Dream was solid too

Back