sleep is for Pussies

splatter

I've got a rare form of Asthma that causes my airways to swell and they won't go down with an albuterol inhaler. In other words, when you think of someone with asthma you think of someone who has a momentary problem breathing for whatever reason, they hit the inhaler, and then they can breathe. That's not me, mine flares up (who knows why) and gets worse and worse until I'm unable to function because I can't breath ( usually takes about 2 or 3 days) it feels like having pneumonia for those of you that have had pneumonia. The only way to get it under control is to go to the Pulmonologist and get a steroid shot and a week or 2 of prednisone. So I'm on week 2 of Prednisone and I can't sleep for shit.

So I have come to the conclusion that sleep is for the weak. I'll update this post from the mental hospital next week

That is all

I agree it's for pussies. :gethim:

I have to think this way 'cause I've not been able to cure my insomnia since age 8. Always assumed it was triggered by heavy-metal poisoning, but that's beside the point, which is that you can get by with very little.

If I get 4 hours it's an extraordinary night. 1 to 3 is normal for me, and 45 years of this hasn't killed me, so yeah... sleep is for pussies. :LOL: :LOL:

Hope you get back to normal soon, brother. :thumbsup:

Monkey Man":2qpyjjql said:
I agree it's for pussies. :gethim:

I have to think this way 'cause I've not been able to cure my insomnia since age 8. Always assumed it was triggered by heavy-metal poisoning, but that's beside the point, which is that you can get by with very little.

If I get 4 hours it's an extraordinary night. 1 to 3 is normal for me, and 45 years of this hasn't killed me, so yeah... sleep is for pussies. :LOL: :LOL:

Hope you get back to normal soon, brother. :thumbsup:

Thanks man

No worries, man.

You've probably heard this before, but you could try calcium and magnesium an hour before bedtime.

The reason the minerals help is because neutralising acids reduces stress. Similar vein - minimising mineral removal from bones and teeth for the purpose of acid neutralisation reduces stress too. The calcium and magnesium will work together to achieve this.

The reason it's best taken at night is 'cause that's when your mineral flux is at its highest - when nutrients are being shunted around to where they're needed in the final of the three daily phases of the body - the appropriation phase (8PM->4AM).

For the record, the three phases are:
4AM-Midday - Detoxification phase. Fruit and / or water is all that's desired and required. Almost anything else halts it in its tracks.
Midday->8PM - Absorption phase. Eat your heavy food here.
8PM->4AM - Appropriation phase. What you absorbed in the second phase is distributed to where it's needed.

Sleep is for pussies?

I'd like to put my sleeping bag (aka: 4skin) in a pussy right now. :hys: :hys: :hys: :hys:

splatter":rk3xzdon said:
I've got a rare form of Asthma that causes my airways to swell and they won't go down with an albuterol inhaler. In other words, when you think of someone with asthma you think of someone who has a momentary problem breathing for whatever reason, they hit the inhaler, and then they can breathe. That's not me, mine flares up (who knows why) and gets worse and worse until I'm unable to function because I can't breath ( usually takes about 2 or 3 days) it feels like having pneumonia for those of you that have had pneumonia. The only way to get it under control is to go to the Pulmonologist and get a steroid shot and a week or 2 of prednisone. So I'm on week 2 of Prednisone and I can't sleep for shit.

So I have come to the conclusion that sleep is for the weak. I'll update this post from the mental hospital next week

That is all

That's suck man you have my sympathy. Last year they put me on prednisone and I reacted badly to it. I absolutely couldn't sleep and I needed to stop taking it on day three. I won't ever take it again.

Have they ever suggested Pulmicort(Budensinide) for a daily maintenance for you? A good friend of mine has sever asthma and since they put him on the Pulmicort his asthma is much better controlled, with less emergency use of the albulteral. Compared to the albulteral it is relatively cheap.

harddriver":1c29aw13 said:
splatter":1c29aw13 said:

That is all

That's suck man you have my sympathy. Last year they put me on prednisone and I reacted badly to it. I absolutely couldn't sleep and I needed to stop taking it on day three. I won't ever take it again.

Have they ever suggested Pulmicort(Budensinide) for a daily maintenance for you? A good friend of mine has sever asthma and since they put him on the Pulmicort his asthma is much better controlled, with less emergency use of the albulteral. Compared to the albulteral it is relatively cheap.

I've heard my Dr refer to Pulmicort a time or 2, i honestly think with my form of asthma a rescue inhaler isn't going to do much. He obviously doesn't either. As its never really mentioned.
I have asked him about other people with this form of asthma and he says out of the hundreds of patients he sees he has maybe 10 like me . He put me on Dupixient for the airway swelling and apparently its working because this trip my Lung function test all looked good and the niox level ( the number that shows swelling ) was normal. But it feels just like it always has when the Niox was off the chart and I still can't breath worth shit.

So i was sent to the ent who ran a scope down my throat and said I have Thrush growing in my airway. (thrush is fungus) and thats probably why I can't breath. The thrush was caused by ......you guessed it the Brio steroid inhaler I use once a day to help control the swelling . So he put me on some kind of antifungal medicine and said in about a week I should know if its working.
I've been out of work 2 weeks at this point and I'm thinking what if it doesn't work?

Any way I'm not looking for sympathy I was just up all night with nothing to do and I guess i needed to rant.
Life is still good, I have family God and guitars .

Sounds like you have a good ENT and pulmonologist. Fungi growth in the lungs is not good hopefully the antifungal will clear it up. Mold/Fungi seem to be getting more virulent as of late. I know a guy that used to run marathons no history of asthma or copd, he was pressure washing one of his storage buildings and inhaled mold/fungus in the water aerosolized spray was the only thing they could determine as the root of cause after backtracking his history. He could hardly breathe and get out of bed coughing and shortness of breathe... he went to two big hospitals here and they were inconclusive and referred him to Mayo clinic.

They diagnosed him with a severe fungal infection in the lungs, and he went on antifungals as you have, he still isn't 100% after almost years. Mayo clinic said they are seeing more and more cases especially from the Midwest with these exact type of fungal infections.

I send you my best wishes and prayers with your condition.

Went to the cardiologist yesterday, because of the chest pain associated with what is going on. He says I could have a rare form of some kind of Heart diesese that is cause from a certain kind of white blood cell that I apparently have an ass load of. Says it causes the heart lining to thicken and somehow makes it hard to breath . Of corse we won't know till I have a bunch of test run .
When asked what was the treatment for this his reply was ...........STEROIDS. :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

He gave me some nitro pills to put under my tongue when I my chest starts hurting and I can't breath.He said "if these help you may have a heart issue " I took one when I got home and i felt much better almost immediately :no:

I'm hoping it was a coincidence but then again I don't care whats wrong as long as it can be repaired.
When I took the nitro I wasn't hurting bad so I'll wait till its giving me fits today and take one. Then maybe I can tell if its really doing something.

So I was healthy till I was 54 then I developed a rare form of asthma which kicks my ass on a regular basis. Now I have fungus in my airways and possibly a heart condition. GETTING OLD SUX.

But to keep things in perspective a good friend of mine just had back surgery and when he had his pre opp done he found out he has prostate cancer and bone cancer. Also I see people everyday that have a hard time just walking across the street so things could be worse.

I guess this has become my "I can't sleep so I'll get on here and bitch spot for the moment" . I'm off steroids but I guess they are still coursing through my veins cause I'm up after 2 hrs sleep.

Monkey Man my hats off to you brother . How you dealt with no sleep all your life is beyond me.I'm gonna kill something soon.

splatter":2piszpo8 said:
So I was healthy till I was 54 then I developed a rare form of asthma which kicks my ass on a regular basis. Now I have fungus in my airways and possibly a heart condition. GETTING OLD SUX.
Get as many cloves into ya as you can handle, brother.

If you cook rice, chuck some in the boiling water with the grains.

If you cook anything "liquidy" like curry, casserole, stew or whatever, pop 'em in there.

If you're eating a salad, bread or something that doesn't allow for this cooking, sprinkle ground cloves on it (supermarkets all have it).

Trust me bro', it's the most-effective way of killing fungus and mold I know of. Super-potent, which is why eugenol, extracted from cloves, is the active ingredient in professional dental wash (the rinse-and-spit stuff at the dentist).

It's so-effective you might even notice that if you have any warts (technically-fungal), they disappear after only a few days. I've only ever had one wart, a decent ingrown one under my foot back in the '90s. I had Meade wine one night for the first time, and only 2 smallish cups at that, chewing the super-swollen cloves in it, and the next morning my wart was gone. I noticed straight away when I stood up 'cause I could always feel it. Ever since then I've eaten 'em every day.

splatter":2piszpo8 said:
Monkey Man my hats off to you brother . How you dealt with no sleep all your life is beyond me.I'm gonna kill something soon.
I had no choice but to get used to it, man. I feel ya 'though, if anyone can relate to it...

Tell you what I'm really-proud of - the fact that I've never lost my shit in spite of being perpetually-tired. Not once have I yelled or cursed at anyone, slammed a door or anything expressing anger at all. Probably my greatest achievement in life I'd say, 'cause only I know what an effort it's been. The good news is that, like the lack-of-sleep thing, you get used to it and it becomes ever-easier.

Thanks so much for the compliment, bud. :cheers2:

man i feel your pain i had been on prednisone for 10 months could not sleep more than 1-2 hours a day... and i mean really just that. It took me 2 next years to get back to a normal sleep habbit.
Also watch out for pred vs corona cause you're now heavily suspectible to viral disease, it could actually kill you.

K-Roll":20gbcm9o said:
man i feel your pain i had been on prednisone for 10 months could not sleep more than 1-2 hours a day... and i mean really just that. It took me 2 next years to get back to a normal sleep habbit.
Also watch out for pred vs corona cause you're now heavily suspectible to viral disease, it could actually kill you.

Oh this really lifts my spirits :doh:

Off the pred for 3 days and still can't sleep more than 2 hrs a night. Maybe I'll becaome a genious. They say Einstein only sleep 2 hrs a day.
:confused:

Monkey Man":21xc8i12 said:
Awesome, man. Lucky bugger. :rock:

You must feel like a new man(!) :gay:

well apparently that was the calm before the storm. I went back to the pulmanologist yesterday and I have double pnemonia and last night my fever reached 103.7. In the words of Rosanne Rosanna Danna. "I thought I was gonna die."

Anyway covid test today. CT on my lungs on Wednesday. DR doesn't think I have covid but I need to be tested

Back