So this happened

LP Freak

Well I looked for a used one for a while and just couldn’t justify what guys were asking so I jumped on a new one from Sweetwater. They hooked me up to where it was basically the same price as a used one so it was a no brainer. Other than tweaking the intonation and the neck ever so slightly it was perfect out of the box. Well, the pickups aren’t really my thing so Scott is hooking me up with a pair of Wiskeys in a couple weeks. I’m looking forward to checking them out. I’ll probably opt for a black pickguard too.

IMG_0986.jpeg

Out of all the guitars I’ve owned over the years this is my first Explorer. In fact, I don‘t ever even remember playing one lol. They’re definitely comfortable to play sitting or standing. I can see this one hanging around for the long haul.

Very nice :yes:

I bought my ‘06 Explorer over 10 years ago for between $600-700 and it was in just about mint condition. It’s crazy what people are asking for them now. New they used to be the same price as LP Studios as well.

I have definitely beat mine up. The only downside to the size of them is it is real easy to accidentally bang into things. I have scratches galore and multiple spots where the paint has chipped off the lower edge. That must mean I can sell it for $2k??? 🤔

Well I looked for a used one for a while and just couldn’t justify what guys were asking so I jumped on a new one from Sweetwater. They hooked me up to where it was basically the same price as a used one so it was a no brainer. Other than tweaking the intonation and the neck ever so slightly it was perfect out of the box. Well, the pickups aren’t really my thing so Scott is hooking me up with a pair of Wiskeys in a couple weeks. I’m looking forward to checking them out. I’ll probably opt for a black pickguard too.

View attachment 212650
Awesome guitar and awesome Sweetwater gave you a break!
I've asked and never received. Don't do business with them at this point.

Awesome guitar!!! Congrats

It’s crazy what people are asking, even for beat to shit garbage.
Ain't that the truth.. people are asking $1500 for faded! And 2k for anything used, not current production.

I got a price of 20% off new, I just haven't pulled the trigger.

Awesome guitar and awesome Sweetwater gave you a break!
I've asked and never received. Don't do business with them at this point.

Awesome guitar!!! Congrats
Really? I ask for a quote with everything I buy and they shoot me a discount. Maybe you just need a new sales associate. One thing I do know is, if you are looking for 48 months financing they won’t give you a discount also

Back