Sold all my amps, kept my 5150. Here’s why.

Dude......Is that a reamp or you tracking? Love BDM, especially that era. Nocturnal was always my favorite but I really like Verminius.

Tone sounds sick.

Dude......Is that a reamp or you tracking? Love BDM, especially that era. Nocturnal was always my favorite but I really like Verminius.

Tone sounds sick.

Soooo honestly, I’m not sure haha... I know that sounds strange, but I put out DI’s of this years ago, and there are a few others floating around as well . This was many computers ago, and I got out of recording for some time. But it “sounds” like mine, but I honestly am not sure.
But yes this my reamp of all tracks.

Soooo honestly, I’m not sure haha... I know that sounds strange, but I put out DI’s of this years ago, and there are a few others floating around as well . This was many computers ago, and I got out of recording for some time. But it “sounds” like mine, but I honestly am not sure.
But yes this my reamp of all tracks.
Some clean playing. Those songs are harder then they sound. Brian has some range on the fretboard.

Tone sounds sick.
Also, I could “probably” get some form the real DI’s if I really wanted to, one of my closest friends DID produce that record gahah. Some real neat stuff went on in that record, stuff audiohammer hasn’t done really since, pretty sick.

Some clean playing. Those songs are harder then they sound. Brian has some range on the fretboard.
The guy is a complete freak, unbelievably good. Shannon Lucas is another freak of nature as well. There is like ZERO editing on those drums from what I remember. That is just him. Nuts.

Your recordings always sound so awesome.

Have you considered capturing/selling IRs? I assume your miking techniques are killer. Not sure what goes into making an IR, but I assume it has something to do with miking up a cab well.

Your recordings always sound so awesome.

Have you considered capturing/selling IRs? I assume your miking techniques are killer. Not sure what goes into making an IR, but I assume it has something to do with miking up a cab well.

Thanks man! It’s crossed my mind before, especially since I have so many cabinets that ( I think anyways) sound great. It’s not exactly “hard”‘to do per say, but having a critical ear I believe is a must, just not sure I’m there yet. I think I may get into it when I build my new studio in my house being built, as I’m building an isobooth for my cabs away from my control room. Killer converters, a flat power amp, and that’s really the biggest part of it, and maybe a great mic pre for some color: all things I’m buying soon, but not until my house is finished. I figured that or reamping services would probably be the first endeavor I jump into, as I own a lot of great amps as well, might as well make them useful haha. The biggest piece of gear I’ll be getting my hands on is the Dynamount. That thing is a game changer when it comes to miniscule mic placement detail, listening critically, and workflow/time, as you can listen to a reamped track and move the mic in real time from your computer, pretty sick.

Back