Solo boost?

cvogue

OK, so several Splawn variations have the solo boost feature which does work great if... you're boosting the dirty channel and you've got the dirty channel volume down below 10:00.

I was wondering if those of you who have the solo boost option use something else for a solo boost? I just brought back my TC Electronic Spark Boost and put it in the loop as a volume boost mainly. The nice thing is it also works on the clean channel if necessary but also it's effectiveness is not subject to the channel volume.

I feel I've committed Van Halen fan blasphemy though... :eek: took my script Phase 90 off my board to make room for the Spark Boost. Great pedal but I just don't use it with my current band...

I use it all the time , the higher you raise the loop master volume the more dramatic it is as well. I found that out at last rehearsal when I kicked it on and it basically ripped my head off. I had the loop master wide open and the solo boost dimed. Holy crap!!!!
I still use a Klon clone in my FX8 II though when I go to lead as I usually have the gain on Gear one at about 10:00 so I'm not really into metal territory by any means, but when we do hit our heavier stuff I just kick it on for the entire song and use the solo boost for the lead sections.

I use it all the time , the higher you raise the loop master volume the more dramatic it is as well. I found that out at last rehearsal when I kicked it on and it basically ripped my head off. I had the loop master wide open and the solo boost dimed. Holy crap!!!!
I still use a Klon clone in my FX8 II though when I go to lead as I usually have the gain on Gear one at about 10:00 so I'm not really into metal territory by any means, but when we do hit our heavier stuff I just kick it on for the entire song and use the solo boost for the lead sections.

Ahh, that's true, the band has been turning down of late so I've got the loop control only up about 25%. It does impact the solo boost.

I’ve used an Xotic EP Booster and Vertex Boost both in the loop before. I prefer the Vertex because it’s a lot more transparent. The EP tends to color the tone

Back