Sounds legit to me, what a deal

Not sure what is so offensive about this ad? He’s clear he doesn’t know what it is any $2500 isn’t some insane price

It's not offensive at all I just see a lot of people using Eddie's name to sell things. There is a guy in Seattle that has a poster of Eddie that I had in my bedroom in 1984 hes selling it with a cheap frame for $250.

It's not offensive at all I just see a lot of people using Eddie's name to sell things. There is a guy in Seattle that has a poster of Eddie that I had in my bedroom in 1984 hes selling it with a cheap frame for $250.
I’d take a look at it…at that price, with the market the way it is that’s fair. Just on the small chance alone that it might be a real Jose, you’d be in a good place if it’s legit…worth 3X that price

oh :dunno: i was more wondering who and what mods could be done to it and if it could be some hidden gem and would be asking for more pictures or to go and take a look if it was local.

I don't know anything about the SLP market or even how to identify a Jose mod but simple math tells you that if you going to add the words 'Eddie Van Halen' to a sale item - you better have your shit together. Bottom line - have a tech check and document.

That or take detailed pics and share them here so the smart guys try to put a value on it :yes:

For starters its not late 70`s maybe up to 76. I cant see the serial #, it has 4 preamp tubes. It aint worth $2500 unless you just like to spend money.

Bat switches were up to 76 I think so it could be earlier amp. If you could see the serial # it might be something to it. I cant read it, to small in photo.

I've been texting with the guy there's a place in Seattle that did the tubes and he checked out inside the chassis it has goop all over The Mods he said it's a kickass Marshall and someone named Frank black from the Pixies wanted to buy it from him.

OK he said he is going to be it's going to be in town where I live Monday I don't know what I'm looking for when I ask him if it had a lot of gain he said yes and yes. And it's been on a band called MxPx records. I've never heard of them neither has he but his friend recorded the albums.

lol you went from ripping pissed enough to make a thread about using eddies name till we talked some sense into you now youll probably buy it
No not at all pissed. I thought it was funny. I'm not going to buy it I have no use for it, I'm moving I won't be playing any amps for quite a while. I'm just posting the info.

Back