Splawn Vertical 212 Mid-Cabinet.. any thoughts?

Bash_Man

hey everyone,
So I like many others.. Love the sound of a 412 cabinet.. and my Splawn 412 with Vintage 30s is just absolutley amazing. However we all know taking a 412 around to gigs/shows is just a bit too much now days.

So i was thinking about getting the Splawn Vertical Slant Mid 212 Cabinet.

Any users of this cabinet out there that can give me feedback on it? Looking to get it Vintage 30s or Smallblocks. This is to go with my Nitro head.

Thanks

I don't personally but I do have a Small Block loaded 212 so _+1 on that.

I think both kmanick and skullfxhr have vertical 212s.

My 212 is up on a footlocker box and easily competes with my V30 loaded Mesa slant trad 4x12

I private messaged you .
that you did.. and I've decided I am gonna go for his vertical wider 212 cabinet.

Now to figure out the speakers. I've been using Vintage 30s in my 412, but was thinking about trying out the WGS Vetern 30... Although I see a number of users using the Splawn Small Block speaker.

i actually got a real nice deal on a pair of the Made in England Vintage 30 speakers that I'll put in this cabinet. I like the V30s with the Nitro. I think they compliment the tone very well.

I'll try those and see how they work. if they dont work out, then I can easily sell them and look for something else.

Stay tuned :cool:

Alrighty.. cabinet purchaed. Black toxed, black Grill cloth, white piping. this is to match the Nitro head I have.

Ordered empty. Going to put 2 made in England Celestion V30 speakers in there. 2 x 16ohms wired in parallel.

Looking forward to trying this out.

Scott advised he's on a 4-5 weeks schedule for these cabinets. Got the speakers. Soon as I get the cabinet, speakers going in and blasting the Nitro through it.

is this similar to what you got? (obviously not purple)
https://reverb.com/item/41064331-splawn-212-cabinet-celestion-loaded-purple-blackthis guy isn't too far from me , I'd love to get it empty at a better price.
the Cab you ordered, are these the dimensions?
  • 29.5" tall 20.5" wide 14" deep ? that look pretty narrow the pic in the link I attached looks like a bigger cab than that
  • must be this one

• Vertical Slant Mid 25.5" wide 29.5" height 14" deep
just asked this guy best price empty for cash pick up, these are $450 directly from Splawn empty so lets see what he says :)
I'd put my small blocks in this or a pair of Scumback M75's and gig with it

Last edited:
is this similar to what you got? (obviously not purple)
https://reverb.com/item/41064331-splawn-212-cabinet-celestion-loaded-purple-blackthis guy isn't too far from me , I'd love to get it empty at a better price.
the Cab you ordered, are these the dimensions?
  • 29.5" tall 20.5" wide 14" deep ? that look pretty narrow the pic in the link I attached looks like a bigger cab than that
  • must be this one

• Vertical Slant Mid 25.5" wide 29.5" height 14" deep
just asked this guy best price empty for cash pick up, these are $50 directly from Splawn empty so lets see what he says :)
I'd put my small blocks in this or a pair of Scumback M75's and gig with it
Yes sir.. that's the same exact dimension.. which I now have in my custody :cool: ... awesome cabinet. Its does not sound like a 412, I'll just put that out there.. it does however sound deeper than other vertical or horizontal 212 cabients I've tested my self such as Marshall and some other brands.

its not heavy at all and it sounds great. Great projection of sound as well.

I've just been real busy, but hopefully soon I'll post some new pics and clips as well...

Its here.. awesome cab.

Attachments

• PXL_20210930_204221182.jpg
    PXL_20210930_204221182.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 61
Back