SSSSSSssssss......

Chris O

This slithered in yesterday. :rock:

The Demartinez!!

I'm SUPER impressed by the build quality. Tight tolerances, no gaps, tuning was stable right out of the box, paint seems on par with the US version. Everyone gripes about the fretwork on the MIM models, but I guess I got lucky - there isn't a sharp end to be found, no buzzers, etc.

Now, I had the USA Custom Shop model at one point. It was an awesome guitar. Pretty much perfect in every way...except for that shitty 3-way toggle that every US Charvel of the late 2000's had. Always had dead spots. On a $2400 guitar, that's just not acceptable. The MIM? Perfect! I can feel a difference in the profile of the neck from what I remember of my US version, but it certainly isn't worse/better in the MIM. The MIM feels smooth and fast, with the typical San Dimas oil finish. Tuners tune. Locking nuts lock. Pickups are the same Duncans as the real deal. Korean-made "Orignal" Floyd, but I'm not really put off by that - as long as it's stable (which it is), I'm good with it. It's steel, not zinc. Plated brass block. Works for me. I don't real use the trem anyway.

Fit and finish are top notch. Playability was good out of the box, and great now that I have it set up. Seems nicer than my MIM Blood n Skulls, but may just be the honeymoon feel.

Anyway, here's what we all wait for...

Congrats. I noticed the price difference over the other promods. Does this come with made in Germany OFR? I know literature sometimes lists it as original floyd but then they aren't. I wasn't sure if you had seen under the trem arm to know for certain. Nice collection

cecilbag":9w6op4hc said:
Congrats. I noticed the price difference over the other promods. Does this come with made in Germany OFR? I know literature sometimes lists it as original floyd but then they aren't. I wasn't sure if you had seen under the trem arm to know for certain. Nice collection

I haven't pulled it off the guitar yet, but about 90% sure it's a MIK model. I'll check it out when I put new strings on though.

"Original" seems to come in many flavors these days...irritating. But it isn't a "Pro" or a "Special" - so I got that going for me. :thumbsup:

Back