Steve Lukather's NEW Pedalboard-RACKSYSTEMS

Zombie thread...

I've had a set of Transitions. They are fairly dark pickups.

Wow, so basically amp that is famous in internet of being dark (with sooo dark Steves settings) + dark pickups, madness :D

When i was on Steve's concert i found his sound extra brigth, full of treble - is it possible to shape frequencies that much only on mixing console?

And one more thing - Presence settings, on pictures like this --> https://www.premierguitar.com/ext/resou ... 01-WEB.jpg

You can see that Luke is 'tweaking' Presence settings from 11 o'clock to 1 o'clock, while presence potentiometer in this amp is 25k lin, so in 2/3 of its range is totally ineffective in such type of PI - so between 11 and 1 o'clock there shouldnt be any change of sound. Some kind of mod? Steve claimed that this is stock 101b.

Recon":5bnrcpn5 said:
Wow, so basically amp that is famous in internet of being dark (with sooo dark Steves settings) + dark pickups, madness :D

When i was on Steve's concert i found his sound extra brigth, full of treble - is it possible to shape frequencies that much only on mixing console?

And one more thing - Presence settings, on pictures like this --> https://www.premierguitar.com/ext/resou ... 01-WEB.jpg

You can see that Luke is 'tweaking' Presence settings from 11 o'clock to 1 o'clock, while presence potentiometer in this amp is 25k lin, so in 2/3 of its range is totally ineffective in such type of PI - so between 11 and 1 o'clock there shouldnt be any change of sound. Some kind of mod? Steve claimed that this is stock 101b.

It terms of adding treble on a mixing console, the sky is the limit. Or at least, the limit is the 12-24db you can add on most consoles, and that's more than you'll probably ever need. The amp is probably stock, Luke isn't a giant gearhead. If he says it is stock, then you can probably believe him. He isn't using Ecstasys anymore though.

Okay, so mixing is the only option. Maybe that is true, cause on Rig Rundown with Luke, sound comes propably only from cab, and it is fat.

Recon":2cg18058 said:
Okay, so mixing is the only option. Maybe that is true, cause on Rig Rundown with Luke, sound comes propably only from cab, and it is fat.
OR, you could just EQ the amp after your guitar and cab until it sounds good to you ;)

Back