Sweetwater Needs to Slow Their Role...

  • Thread starter Thread starter PurityS.L.G
  • Start date Start date
PurityS.L.G

PurityS.L.G

Well-known member


1st: I didn't post this to shit on KB. That modded DSL sounded like absolute shit. No improvement IMO

2nd: DSL is probably one of the worst amps you can choose to mod. It sounds great stock as it is and there hasn't been a single mod out there that I've tried or heard that improved that amp. I've played a Voodoo modded JCM2000 and it was anemic sounding. And Trace knows what the fuck he's doing most of the time.

3rd: That amp sounded like a turd

I guess I can appreciate SW venturing out and attempting to be a consumer's one stop shop for all of your musical instrument needs but they need to do their homework and seek out some better talent to "mod" amps rather than have a certified electronics repair expert attempt to do this kind of work.
 
Eh, someone will like how it sounds and be happy.

Honestly I'm not hearing much difference except for the clean channel changes. I guess I would question anyone who really likes one version and dislikes the other.
 
After seeing this earlier and KB saying he used a boost and an EQ to do the intro clip, I decided to go looking for another demo. I found this one:

Couldn't find a single thing to like about the modded amp.
 
I think it is one of the best amps to mod for how cheap you can get pick one up for and how you can improve the ultra gain channel.
 
In the few comparisons I have heard of these, I prefer the stock amp. Sounds better for the chug to me.
 
You can't look me straight in the face and tell me that was good tone :dunno:

And Sweatwater should focus on doing their guitar inspections properly before taking on new 'engineering' adventures.
 
You can't look me straight in the face and tell me that was good tone :dunno:

And Sweatwater should focus on doing their guitar inspections properly before taking on new 'engineering' adventures.

I don't buy new guitars from SW because of their "55 point inspection".

I want my new guitar new, in the factory sealed box...so usually buy new guitars from MF where my sales rep for over 10+ years makes sure I get one from their warehouse in the factory sealed box or tell me they only have floor models which is a no thanks.

I also don't buy new guitars from GC unless it's new and in the factory sealed box box at my local GC, otherwise you're probably getting a floor model from a store.

If I buy a new guitar and it has issues that I cant correct with a setup and new strings, I return it.

the above doesn't apply to used guitars.
 
Back
Top