Sweetwater

Samhain

Banned
SweetStkrBl-xlarge.jpg

Okay so i have said things in the past about SW that were maybe harsh and ive done my share of ribbing about the term "sales engineer".
But my wife & I have made 3 SW purchases the last month and everything has been outstanding.
2 day shipping a big hustle to get our orders out the door to us during xmas madness.
They blow alot of competition away.
We wish Sweetwater continued success in 2022 and beyond. :2thumbsup:

My sales engineer is cool, helpful and always willing to go the extra mile for me. Granted it’s a sales position, but it makes my purchases a little easier. Their selection is great and quick shipping.

I bought lot gear off these guys thru the years.
My sales rep was outstanding!!!
Always gave me the lowball price. Would follow up with me on the purchase. I just stopped buying gear the last couple years. But SW is where I would go if buying new stuff.

I’m not a fan of them. Preordered some pickup rings, was told I wouldn’t be charged until they shipped. They were wrong, debited the money when the order was placed. Then the order was pushed from mid December to April of this year and the only reason I found out was calling them to find my order. I just canceled the order and told them not to bother. Complete waste of time.

Honestly it’s some of the same bullshit I’ve always ran across. I’ve had better luck with guitar center.

My SW rep (that I didn't choose and had no voice about it) wanted to talk to me about how I was liking my "gear."

I ordered 5 Gravity picks. And proceeded to tell him how thrilled I was with them.

He's never called me since.....

My guy never calls unless there is an issue (very rare). He usually text me, he even sent a “Happy Holidays”.

My Sweetwater rep is super creepy.
Calls late at night, whispers and breathes heavy into the phone.
Sends me candy even tho I don't buy anything from him.
Says his side job is working as a mailman.
May have to get a restraining order....
Can you give him my number? I need that level of attention!!

Sweetwater surely isn't perfect but as far as I'm concerned they are the best in the business. Not many companies out there I feel 100% comfortable ordering from. They are my go to for just about anything I need gear wise. I sure hope they are around for many years to come.

Reactions: Geo
They try to be different from a service standpoint but to me they are the same as Musicians Friend, Guitar Center, etc. Slap a label on it and ship it out. Only difference to me is that I could never get a discount on anything. Tried a few times with no success and they haven't heard from me since. I know others have had better luck with that but I have no reason to keep going back to try. I can get the same stuff for 15% off with ease elsewhere.

I only buy smaller things from them at this point.

I had to ship a guitar back to them, and it cost me $110.
Then afterward my former rep said I could have asked for a prepaid label from them.
Why didn't he offer that shit in the first place?

Generally like Sweetwater, but my friend’s recent experience and the fact that they carry vertex have dropped them a few notches in my book.

Back