Tendonitis?

Salos

Anyone else develop tendonitis in their right wrist (picking hand)? I've had it for several years, saw a doctor once, had an MRI, but nothing major came up.

It's gotten a bit worse than usual lately so I figured I'd reach out here to see if anyone has any guitar-player specific remedies. I ice 2-3 times a day, and for the last few weeks I've kept it in a brace pretty much 24/7. What else can I do?

I have arthritis in my wrists , and it effects my fretting hand (right) , I'm a lefty . try taking an anti-inflammatory daily . Your Dr could prescribe something for you . It has helped me with the pain and range of motion . Good luck

Organic apple cider vinegar with some weird shit called "Mother's" in it. Take a shot in the morning and a shot at night. I started taking for my gut (I might have UC). But realized my tendonitis went away after using it too. Worked for me. It's like $6 for a jar. Worth a shot. Lots of other health benefits in it.

Yeah I take an Advil from time to time, may start daily. I suppose I could see another doctor, not sure what they could prescribe, as the last one didn't seem to think that was necessary, maybe it's time for a second opinion.

Interesting tip tripstan, I will try that. I'm open to any (reasonable) suggestions!

I was starting to get it bad at one point in my fretting hand.
Light stretching, and making sure to warm up every time I play made a big difference.
Occasional ibuprofen helped too. I've been pretty good for a while now. (KNOCK ON WOOD)

Advil is only masking the symptoms. The issue, whether anyone wants to hear it or not, or denies the truth, is SHIT FOOD. Inflammation = reaction in your body to substances that should not be there. Over years, this builds up. Sugar, booze, carbs. I know because I live it. I wake up most days feeling like I have bone cancer. I have gone a few weeks without rubbish and mostly a plant based diet with minimal meat and low and behold, I feel like a new person.

BIG FOOD <> BIG PHARMA. The system is designed to poison you, so you are reliant on the HMO SYSTEM.

But I'm the conspiracy theorist. While 3/4 of my friends are on blood thinners at 35 - 45 years old.

The answer is out there my friend and it's not "Ask your doctor"

Good luck.

Get a lacrosse ball at ur local sporting goods place. Roll out your forearms (palm up and palm down) on a table. Put ur weight on ur arm or push down with other arm. When you find a pain point, stop and apply more pressure. While holding arm in place on pain point, make a fist and draw circles with your fist. I had a brutal tennis elbow that I thought would never go away. The lacrosse ball helped out quite a bit.

Hot water, 30 seconds-icy water, another 30seconds-repeat a few times. This helps with the forcing of blood and circulation into the places it may not be getting to like it used to. Stretching (taking care to not over stretch)/warming up before playing is so important to not injure yourself any further.

I have tendonitis, I couldn't play for 2 years, drs couldn't do anything then I tried chiropractic for 6 months or more and I could play again

it came back maybe 15 years later and I went back to chiropractor and it totally helped again. I go 2x a month and it keeps me stable now

Oh and eating healthy is prob important as well (for me that means lots of veggies and protein)

I do eat fairly healthy, and keep in athletic shape as well. I was told by a PA years ago when I went in for chronic shin issues that I'm the opposite of a "natural born athlete." Something about my ligaments just naturally not being very good.

Lots to consider from the replies here; I appreciate all of the advice (it's far more than my doctor ever gave me :LOL: :LOL:), I will consider, and hopefully try, them all.

Hey man, I recommended this to another guy on here.

It's a glove that is used for fingers, wrists, elbow, etc....

The deal is this. 99% of the things we do with our hands are a gripping motion. This will exercise your hand in the opposite direction and strengthen it, and in the process get rid of a lot of problems we tend to face with repetitive motions. It's definitely worth a try.

Flextend glove. Google it. It's saved me a lot of money avoiding the doctor for hand/wrist/thumb and finger issues. Best $150 I ever spent.

balance_systems_flextend_tft_kit_p1_300x240.jpg

And here's the guy that saved my thumb, which was clicking and sending a shock up to my funny bone. I messaged him and he told me what was up and recommended the glove.
Best free advice I ever got from anyone.

This video is specific to carpal tunnel, but I would advise anyone with a hand to get this thing. And no, I don't work for the company. But I should, I love the damn thing so much.

I just had an MRI done a few weeks ago and I have tendonitis, but it is in the upper bicep/shoulder area. It is on my fretting hand arm and where it is located makes me think it is from years of holding my guitar up. I have bursitis as well. They scheduled me for a cortisone (sp?) shot so not sure when that will be. I was struggling sleeping for awhile but a lot better now.

billsbigego":2ji9m0bl said:
Hey man, I recommended this to another guy on here.

It's a glove that is used for fingers, wrists, elbow, etc....

The deal is this. 99% of the things we do with our hands are a gripping motion. This will exercise your hand in the opposite direction and strengthen it, and in the process get rid of a lot of problems we tend to face with repetitive motions. It's definitely worth a try.

Flextend glove. Google it. It's saved me a lot of money avoiding the doctor for hand/wrist/thumb and finger issues. Best $150 I ever spent.

balance_systems_flextend_tft_kit_p1_300x240.jpg

And here's the guy that saved my thumb, which was clicking and sending a shock up to my funny bone. I messaged him and he told me what was up and recommended the glove.
Best free advice I ever got from anyone.

This video is specific to carpal tunnel, but I would advise anyone with a hand to get this thing. And no, I don't work for the company. But I should, I love the damn thing so much.

Been using this glove for a few weeks. It's helping, the program is 12 weeks so I have a long way to go and it may take longer, but strengthening and icing has really helped.

Played piano today without any pain :)

Appreciate the recommendation.

Back