Testing gear studio pic- Splawn, Cornford, Soldano, Marshall

carl roa

Finally getting the new studio up and running! Recording, Mixing, Mastering, Video!! Working with some amps and cabs last night ... about to finally start tracking guitars for my next solo album, film a new instructional DVD, then start work on the next Magic Elf album. To be followed by some touring in 2012!

Carl-Studio-Amps.jpg

You should finish that room with some dry wall and some nicer floors. Did you just build a room out on a plot of space on a farm or something like that?

roadifier":3vaaqr7v said:
You should finish that room with some dry wall and some nicer floors. Did you just build a room out on a plot of space on a farm or something like that?

Yes, flooring not in yet ... coming soon. AC installed, but we still neat to get heating installed. The studio is a stand alone building in Suffolk County Long Island. (not a farm)

carl roa":35hwg1rj said:
Finally getting the new studio up and running! Recording, Mixing, Mastering, Video!! Working with some amps and cabs last night ... about to finally start tracking guitars for my next solo album, film a new instructional DVD, then start work on the next Magic Elf album. To be followed by some touring in 2012!

Carl-Studio-Amps.jpg

:thumbsup:

I like that you're wearing the proper Batman attire in the Bat Cave you got there.

Fun Fun Fun....

You Rock Carl-- :rock:

Nice choice of amps and cabs!

So I reckon the white head yoU leaning on is the Cornford? Mk50H? How do you like it compared to that SLO? (Mk50H Blackface owner here).

Are all those 2x12 Splawns equipped with different speakers?

hunter":wbbzr5ep said:
Nice choice of amps and cabs!

So I reckon the white head yoU leaning on is the Cornford? Mk50H? How do you like it compared to that SLO? (Mk50H Blackface owner here).

Are all those 2x12 Splawns equipped with different speakers?

Yes, the Splawn cabs are loaded with different speakers: Small Block, Big Block, V30s (english),V30s (chinese), Greenbacks. All different, all good.

The Soldano is a Hot Rod 50+. Very different than the Cornford MKII50+ ... Conford is more biting and aggressive. Soldano's breakup is tighter and sweeter. Love both of them for what they do ...

The other two amps pictured are the Splawn Nitro and the Marshall AFD Slash ... both killer amps.

Oh yeh, the Marshal 2x12 is from the early 80's and is loaded with Celestion G12t75's ... all stock. Very bright and raw sounding cab. The Cornford 4x12 is loaded with V30s, and is a great sounding cab.

Nice! Can't wait to hear the new stuff and make sure you start listing the tour dates as you can. Last time you hit a pub maybe a mile from my house in NorCal, I had no idea and thus missed your show. Do that again and :gethim: ;) :LOL: :LOL:

Dude!! I was going to wasy what the heck di you do throw the furniture out in your house, close up all the windows and make a studio at the casa del Roa!! :hys:

Looks killer Carl !! :rock:

Thanks for all the comments here! The studio has been a looong time coming. Finally getting all up and running.

Gainfreak":ghhgc2v2 said:
Dude!! I was going to wasy what the heck di you do throw the furniture out in your house, close up all the windows and make a studio at the casa del Roa!! :hys:

Looks killer Carl !! :rock:

Yo Ralphie, where have you been sonny? :confused: When are we gonna hook up?

Back