TGP LOL's!!

TGP is a woke joke and a circle jerk of wannabe cork sniffers at best. They temp banned me for saying that I don't believe in free hand outs and that women should earn their signature guitars instead of getting participation trophies. The disgusting attacks against me as the only women commenting on a thread about women's signature guitars was pretty much the last straw. Apparently, all of their virtue signalling to each other is far more important than an actual women's opinion on the subject. People are so blind and ignorant with their lala land social justice. Didn't help that the little girl Scott Peterson was totally okay and on board with violent messages being thrown my way by psychotic leftists. Good riddance to them.
You have to toe the woke party line, actual life experience means nothing to those people. It is nothing more than groupthink.

thats the real irony of their woke circle jerk, just like companies giving out signatures to random female guitarists, it doesnt really HELP female guitarists. In either situation.
Much truth. I guess it also didn't help when I started a thread about vintage japanese guitars from the 80s... :devilish:

You have to toe the woke party line, actual life experience means nothing to those people. It is nothing more than groupthink.
I distance myself from anyone regardless of gender that claims to be woke. They have no problem misconstruing something you say and will go to no end to end your professional career over it. They’re borderline cult and I want nothing to do with them - nothing you say is safe.

I distance myself from anyone regardless of gender that claims to be woke. They have no problem misconstruing something you say and will go to no end to end your professional career over it. They’re borderline cult and I want nothing to do with them - nothing you say is safe.

Yep, i've had people from FORUMS call HR at my work and try to get me fired. Because I had the audacity to disagree with them.

A quick diversion from the main subject...

I need to get my grab & go combo amp recovered. As we all know regular tolex deadens the tone so I'm I'm going to pick up some NOS tweed covering. I'm not sure if the material produced in '68 will give me that grail tone or if I should get some from '69. Any advice on the tonal differences and which one would be better?

TGP is a woke joke and a circle jerk of wannabe cork sniffers at best.
Ya know, I didn't think of it that way until now. You're 100% right. They are wannabes. It does seem the newest wave of members are trying to outclass and out douche the legacy members. I've noticed it as of late but it never clicked until it was spelled out by you. Funny because I just got done reading a shitshow thread about PRS and these young dumb assholes have no clue about the history. Also read a Devi Ever returning to building pedal thread and the new member chime in comments are hilarious. Fucking posers

TGP is really starting to blow. They just banned Cliff Chase of Fractal Audio for *correctly* calling out a troll who has been banned and then re-registered multiple times because the mods got butt hurt that they couldn't do their jobs well enough to catch the guy first.

Apparently being one of the single most knowledgeable living authorities on the workings of tube amps who also contributes regularly to discussions doesn't matter over there nearly as much as being able to show off hot pics of your carefully curated and well-lit collection of R9 Les Pauls and Fender Custom Shops paired up with Swart and Fender Princeton combo amps.
The troll was none other than the infamous Donnie B.

He was on his fifth or sixth alt identity over there and everyone knew it and the mods refused to do anything. So I called out the mods for being derelict in their duties and I got banned. I asked them exactly which rule I broke and I got lectured about how you can't publicly criticize a mod. IOW, I didn't break any rules but they got butthurt and it's their sandbox.

He was on his fifth or sixth alt identity over there and everyone knew it and the mods refused to do anything. So I called out the mods for being derelict in their duties and I got banned. I asked them exactly which rule I broke and I got lectured about how you can't publicly criticize a mod. IOW, I didn't break any rules but they got butthurt and it's their sandbox.

I don't know what's more unsurprising, that the powertrip TGP mods would treat a known quantity/vendor like that, or the fact that it was donnie doing the trolling.

We are at a point where the bandwagon of lunacy and wokeism has us watching what we say on a music forum. Nothing malicious, nothing with hate. Just normal human feelings, perspectives, and comedic relief that are being purposefully misconstrued and attacked by people who were raised on "google it" completely unaware that they had a choice as to whether or not accept the first paid results that feed our bias natures in an ecosystem specifically designed to do so. We are living in the most advanced age in all of human history, but you'd think it were the dark ages with the astonishing level of ignorance spewed by our current societies.

Clarification from the man himself.

Dude that is just so lame on their part. Pathetic, really.

TGP is nothing more than a revenue machine. The owners and mods know this and won’t let ANYTHING stand in the way of that revenue. As we can see, they just make up rules on the spot. Oh, the reason why they won’t do anything about multiple alts is revenue. When someone makes an alt, they just call it a new user and show advertisers that the forum is still growing. It’s a win win for them. They won’t remove old user names either since it will decrease members and again, could affect that revenue stream.

and here I was thinking maybe I'll join after all these years... bugger that, sounds ridiculous over there.

The weird trend that baffles me at the moment is the guys who have all the crazy gear and can barely play a note.

People can spend their money how they want but man I HAD to learn how to play guitar when I was younger because there was never any new gear coming in

The playing and the music is what I fell in love with then the gear came 2nd.

Back