That dude Reza's videos

Mailman1971":39qju61m said:
I remember years back. I posted a video of me and my band playing in my garage.
He slammed me and asked if I knew anything about recording. (Used a zoom q3)
Just replied ‘nope’ :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL:

Here is some of what he message me on Reverb.
lvA4HuD.png

d3rleat.png

Mailman1971":2s57c130 said:
crankyrayhanky":2s57c130 said:
To be fair, unless your amp is 4k + you shouldn't really post wannabe opinions here. We really need to add an Elite Gold level area in RT so I can talk about my Yacht and Larry Amp.
Swing the yacht out to LA. Pick me up.
Will bring the Dalmatians. Cruise down to South America sipping champagne. :LOL: :LOL:
How's Buffy and the kids?
I'll get my assistant to set this up. I'll need to cut my safari trip short but can send the chopper over to pick you up and bring you over to the meeting point....and you know if things get worse around here we're just gonna head on over to the Denver underground bunker. :thumbsup:

sleewell2":2tiu5dnk said:
yeah dont blame millenials for that old, bald ass pos.

whats hilarious is he thinks he was being trolled at GGF. people told him it didn't sound great (which it didn't, wasn't exactly a lie to piss him off) and wondered why the amp was for sale if it was a keeper and he rage quit like a bitch.

he wants everyone to tell him he is great and can't take one slight post mentioning it wasnt that good.

he never posts in any other thread that isnt his. all he wants is people to tell him he is great.

Your exactly right. He was the same here. He has a complex.
There is nothing wrong with having an issue, we are all humans with faults. But when you never address it and you become trapped in your own thoughts, that can be a problem.

Be a man and accept shit as it comes. That video was a B.S. be sorry for me video, not a PSA on bullies video.
Hes full of shit as usual.
Sorry, that's how I see it. If I'm wrong, so be it.

Geez... How pathetic.. He posted a YouTube video about the whole thing.. I'd offer him some Kleenex, but I can't find any locally.

I like some of his vids. From my experience most videos dont represent my experience with my amp. There are a lot of variables. His video on his Black Sun didnt sound like what I experience with mine granted its not a one to one comparison. Bubba Stain was the first person that I felt actually captured what I experienced with my KSR Ceres so anytime someone asks about it I direct it to them. So I typically just take a chance and buy an amp by word of mouth then once I have it I try to find videos that I feel do justice to MY experience. The reason why is Im not a youtuber, Im not a professional musician. I have no aspirations to be. This is a hobby for me always has been. I guess as a person with depression and anxiety issues the last thing I want to do is be famous or even internet famous. I dont want to put myself out there for general consumption.

Just about every youtuber out there should be taken with a grain of salt. I appreciate them taking the time to do it but there are two things that I cant stand to hear when someone is complaining about negativity/gear.
1- that people are just jealous... well ok that does happen but not everyone has the same goals and aspirations.
2- That $4000 amps are inherently better. I drank that cool aid before and its not an absolute. Most of my favorite tones on any album were made with relatively normal priced amps. One thing I liked about some doom, punk rock and black metal bands is they made music with whatever. Whatever inspires you. Its just a tool. Gear elitism is one of the lamest "keep up with the joneses" type behaviour. It's the equivalent of buying a Lambo just to drive around town.

Having said all of that. I like that he and other guys are making vids. It never really seems to pan out when you acknowledge haters and trolls. Just keep making content. And definitely try to be constructive on others vids if you are also making vids. You never know when a comment might bite you in the ass later. There are several times I've quit following a channel just by shitty comments left by content creators.

ElectricVoodoo":vootk454 said:
He is a freak though with his collection of pics of girls feet and weird threads on fetish sites. Searching for lesi vids, a reply popped up about the womens feet and it was him. I had to research lol
To each their own I guess.

Troof? I remember Carl F or someone else bringing this up a loooong while back? If so... what a sick f^@k! :aww: :no:

Maybe we can all get Danny boy to send him some sandal pics to cheer him up??? :LOL: :LOL: :yes:

Wizard of Ozz":29pla11p said:
ElectricVoodoo":29pla11p said:
He is a freak though with his collection of pics of girls feet and weird threads on fetish sites. Searching for lesi vids, a reply popped up about the womens feet and it was him. I had to research lol

Troof? I remember Carl F or someone else bringing this up a loooong while back? If so... what a sick f^@k! :aww: :no:

Maybe we can all get Danny boy to send him some sandal pics to cheer him up??? :LOL: :LOL: :yes:
My latest clogs. Ehhh???

Attachments

• 80BC4B80-CBAB-41C2-BCEA-040D3328380F.jpeg
    80BC4B80-CBAB-41C2-BCEA-040D3328380F.jpeg
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,570
Mailman1971":2ebxjafd said:
Wizard of Ozz":2ebxjafd said:
ElectricVoodoo":2ebxjafd said:

My latest clogs. Ehhh???

Ahhh... what a cockblocker... we needs some hairy suckable toes Dan! Now! Don't leave us hanging! Tease.

:yes: :scared: :D

psychodave":361t20x0 said:
Racerxrated":361t20x0 said:
I didn't always agree with him...but that's ok. We all have our opinions. I do appreciate his demos though, yeah they sound the same but we all dial our amps similarly right? So that's no surprise really.

Not many out there that have owned all those great boutique high gainers, and have the ability to do a decent demo.

I agree. I may not like all of the tones he gets from some amps, but I’d rather have the option to not like something than not hear it at all. I’m sure a lot of work goes into making the videos... and there are lots of trolls that always bash and don’t contribute.
+1

That's all I really came in to say as well. Don't know the guy. Don't like his vids? - don't watch 'em. Now if the guy has a complex or issues, that is another story but just look at it as a mental illness and move on.

Thru the years. I think i posted over 100 videos.
Haven’t recording in a long time.
He would flat out just be an ass.

UberschallEL34":1qh7blvb said:
RxieMFi.jpg

yeah Reza never Trolls anyone...or talks trash, poor guy
You know honestly. Ive watched a ton of his videos and he gets some KILLER gear AND the dude can play. Hes also done a lot in the industry that some people here would dream of.

But im sorry reza your audio quality sucks. It is always shrill and spikey. Ive definitely heard better iPhone videos. No offense but its the honest truth. I like the dude and kinda felt bad when everyone ganged up on him BUT what others are saying is true. He can definitely dish out his opinions but can't accept others criticism against him. Superiority complex.

ClintN667":jnj8z5ja said:
I like some of his vids. From my experience most videos dont represent my experience with my amp. There are a lot of variables. His video on his Black Sun didnt sound like what I experience with mine granted its not a one to one comparison. Bubba Stain was the first person that I felt actually captured what I experienced with my KSR Ceres so anytime someone asks about it I direct it to them. So I typically just take a chance and buy an amp by word of mouth then once I have it I try to find videos that I feel do justice to MY experience. The reason why is Im not a youtuber, Im not a professional musician. I have no aspirations to be. This is a hobby for me always has been. I guess as a person with depression and anxiety issues the last thing I want to do is be famous or even internet famous. I dont want to put myself out there for general consumption.

Just about every youtuber out there should be taken with a grain of salt. I appreciate them taking the time to do it but there are two things that I cant stand to hear when someone is complaining about negativity/gear.
1- that people are just jealous... well ok that does happen but not everyone has the same goals and aspirations.
2- That $4000 amps are inherently better. I drank that cool aid before and its not an absolute. Most of my favorite tones on any album were made with relatively normal priced amps. One thing I liked about some doom, punk rock and black metal bands is they made music with whatever. Whatever inspires you. Its just a tool. Gear elitism is one of the lamest "keep up with the joneses" type behaviour. It's the equivalent of buying a Lambo just to drive around town.

Having said all of that. I like that he and other guys are making vids. It never really seems to pan out when you acknowledge haters and trolls. Just keep making content. And definitely try to be constructive on others vids if you are also making vids. You never know when a comment might bite you in the ass later. There are several times I've quit following a channel just by shitty comments left by content creators.

Funny you mention this since I actually do record with a First Act from Walmart(seriously) or old Teisco, use speakers a lot of people don't like and this is my whole recording setup........ and I don't use any eq, filters or crap. I'm too lazy to actually learn how to. :LOL: :LOL:

0KoSJUfl.jpg

I don't actually know what they sound like until I post them up. Sometimes they come out too bright or grainy, although I do tend to like a bit more brightness and grain these days than I used to, and sometimes I think they sound pretty close to what I'm hearing in the room. I am definitely NOT a YouTuber. :LOL: :LOL: Yeah, I post some chug chug clips of new stuff I get sometimes, but definitely not a Youtuber. Did I mention I'm not a Youtuber??? :LOL: :LOL:
I liked a good amount of Rezas videos and even if I didn't like the way they sounded, that doesn't mean I didn't like to check it out. He is definitely a better guitar player than me, but I'm good enough to play what I want to play and a better player doesn't equal better (subjective) tone. I can get most amps to sound the way I like. The best amps I have ever played are less than 10% better in tone to me than my Peavey VTM.

ClintN667":3my62lrr said:
Most of my favorite tones on any album were made with relatively normal priced amps. One thing I liked about some doom, punk rock and black metal bands is they made music with whatever. Whatever inspires you. Its just a tool. Gear elitism is one of the lamest "keep up with the joneses" type behaviour. It's the equivalent of buying a Lambo just to drive around town.
Absolutely! 'Whatever is available' seems to work for a lot of people that are still capable of creating good music.
Sure, you can chase a specific tone; hell I know I am, but at the end of the day you gotta ask yourself do you want to make some music or jump through endless hoops, chasing tone without getting anything done (e.g. playing guitar for the fun of it, maybe in a band, recording some stuff).

I think Chuck Schuldiner of Death and his 'crappy' Marshall Valvestate are a prime example...same with the Swedish death metal scene; people now are actively CHASING the tone of those who happened to have a Boss HM-2 lying around and created something within the confines of what was capable with their gear.

To Dan's comments, that's what ticks me off to in Reza. Just because *he* goes through all the length of creating decent recorded videos, doesn't mean he's somehow entitled to others doing the same thing for him.
I have quite nice recording gear at home, but before I'd have everything set up the way I wanted it, that's hours of tweaking I could have spent learning/writing a new song, instead of pleasing some Youtube jock who wants you to provide him something on 'his level'.
Screw that. I'll happily do a phone recording in the room, with the amp on a decent volume, so you can get some sense of how it reacts, as I've done recently multiple times, but if you want me to spend a couple of hours finding the ultimate micing spot, mic+preamp combination, EQ-ing, fine-tuning, etc. just for your entertainment because YOU are rocking a YT channel, send me a friggin' check, josé. ;)

Back