That dude Reza's videos

Reza is a good man. He was my lover as well.
We had it out publicly here and unfortunately, it became everyone's business.

I still miss him and think about him. It hurts bringing his name up here, but it is what it is. Moving on.

The playing is usually what I’m not too keen on in his vids. He’s capable, but the tones seem like he’s having the amps do most of the heavy lifting where others may rely on their hands as the basis for their tone. Not sure if I’m communicating that properly, but I’m sure anyone reading will know what I’m talkin’ about.

Krull":1dbndraq said:
LMMFAO!

Reza can dish out the negative comments but can’t take them? Bahahaha. The guy left Guitar Gear Forum for getting negative feedback on his videos.

Doesn’t take much for him to run away.

I really wonder if he controls the YouTube comments as well. There is literally not one negative comment. ...and he’s talking about “cancel culture”? :LOL: :LOL:
You have the option to delete comments on your channel

So fellas, and/or what ever pronoun you choose to identify as, I did this as a social study. It's been a bit disappointing.
The guy was difficult on the forum, but it was just forum posts. IT DOESN'T MATTER. The way some of you talk about this you'd swear it was a opposing biker gang you'd want to go to war with.. pretty metal now that I think of it. I even had a mis-read post he took offense too when I was complimenting him.

So when you see someone post a video about "I'm moving away from all the negative forum trolls" I was curious about how a post like this would be received. Overwhelmingly negative. Seriously, all anyone has had to say, with few exceptions, is how this guy ruffled your feathers. Was he difficult, yes. Was he an ass, arguably. Does the guy show some of the rarest highgainers on earth from time to time ... yup and thats pretty damn cool. You can shit on his quality or playing, but the guy is still doing it.

To sum up this half ass, I need sleep, dear god I've been essential for 38 days straight train of thought.. I had hoped that this wouldn't of gotten anywhere near three pages long of Fuck that guy type posts. In an odd roundabout way, this proves his points about the negative troll aspect of the online gear community. Even if he was as difficult as everyone clearly has documented notarized and sealed proof of. This original post was geared towards something positive the guy does. And it got shit all over.

Peace amigos, hope you're all healthy out there.

prsplayer86":296omo04 said:
. In an odd roundabout way, this proves his points about the negative troll aspect of the online gear community.
I disagree. Trolls or trollism in itself is meant to ruffle some else's feathers for your own enjoyment.
Basically, join a forum or online group, and start stirring shit for no reason other than to get people agitated. That's what real trolls do.

With the negativity outed towards Reza, it's a different matter.
It's a bunch of HIS behavior that has ruffled some feathers.
Whether it's the "Oh, you have above average recording gear, go and do a decent clip for me, I demand it.",
the "Since your clip isn't recorded to MY standards it must inherently suck",
or the "What? You dare to question/critizise/defy my opinion?! BUH-LETED!!!" stuff.

People took offense to THAT.

If Reza would have acted less douchey, people would be less opionated about it, or to put in your analogy, 'people would behave less troll-like'.

If anyone is the troll in this story... you're a smart guy, you figure it out. ;)

prsplayer86":296omo04 said:
Even if he was as difficult as everyone clearly has documented notarized and sealed proof of. This original post was geared towards something positive the guy does. And it got shit all over.
Yes, it's great he does the community a service by doing high production-value (notice I didn't say 'high quality' ;) not many people can make a SLO sound like a SS Randall :checkthisout: ), but does that entitle him to demand the same level of effort from others?
He allows NO negative comments on his playing/recording/etc, yet constantly berates others for those things.

"All the positive" that guy does comes with baggage as you can see.

Speeddemon":l75ftyo3 said:
prsplayer86":l75ftyo3 said:
. In an odd roundabout way, this proves his points about the negative troll aspect of the online gear community.
I disagree. Trolls or trollism in itself is meant to ruffle some else's feathers for your own enjoyment.
Basically, join a forum or online group, and start stirring shit for no reason other than to get people agitated. That's what real trolls do.

With the negativity outed towards Reza, it's a different matter.
It's a bunch of HIS behavior that has ruffled some feathers.
Whether it's the "Oh, you have above average recording gear, go and do a decent clip for me, I demand it.",
the "Since your clip isn't recorded to MY standards it must inherently suck",
or the "What? You dare to question/critizise/defy my opinion?! BUH-LETED!!!" stuff.

People took offense to THAT.

If Reza would have acted less douchey, people would be less opionated about it, or to put in your analogy, 'people would behave less troll-like'.

If anyone is the troll in this story... you're a smart guy, you figure it out. ;)

prsplayer86":l75ftyo3 said:
Even if he was as difficult as everyone clearly has documented notarized and sealed proof of. This original post was geared towards something positive the guy does. And it got shit all over.
Yes, it's great he does the community a service by doing high production-value (notice I didn't say 'high quality' ;) not many people can make a SLO sound like a SS Randall :checkthisout: ), but does that entitle him to demand the same level of effort from others?
He allows NO negative comments on his playing/recording/etc, yet constantly berates others for those things.

"All the positive" that guy does comes with baggage as you can see.

So I can't argue any of what you said.. Even the troll portion ;) . It wasn't a lets stir up the bees nest type of a thing. Just a, lets see how the forum I enjoy the most (straight up best forum for me) responds to a positive comment about a negative guy. Not going to loose any sleep over it. I mean, it just doesn't matter really. We all get on here to drool/chat about gear and most of us a pretty cool.. just like walking through the store... you're going to meet some assholes.

No man is ‘the king!’ Because I own better toys then you!!
Every one has their opinion. Cool. Take it in stride. It’s a push pull thing.
It was like he wanted to push. And it stopped there.
Refused a push back. Not about trolling. Just common talk.
I couldn’t deal with a guy face to face where his car is better than mine.
House ? Way cooler. Tv crushes mine.
Yes I’m exaggerating here but to make point.
Maybe he is the nicest guy in the world. :thumbsup:
But the attitude that he throws at folks.
Wasn’t just me seems like many others.
Then someone says a negative to him he posts videos how he’s being attacked.
Fucking joke.

aside":q0aoeq6y said:
Put those tones in a mix though and that high end is required to cut through, especially if there's lots of cymbals.

His recordings are on par with how pros pull sounds for albums, which is generally a lot brighter with a lot less low end than most people realise. Gotta make some room for that bass player :thumbsup:

The problem with this is I've personally never heard him post a full mix, ever.

When you do a solo'd guitar+amp clip, make it sound as good as it can on it's own. Otherwise you're doing yourself a disservice.

Devin":rn6uj1lc said:
aside":rn6uj1lc said:
Put those tones in a mix though and that high end is required to cut through, especially if there's lots of cymbals.

His recordings are on par with how pros pull sounds for albums, which is generally a lot brighter with a lot less low end than most people realise. Gotta make some room for that bass player :thumbsup:

When you do a solo'd guitar+amp clip, make it sound as good as it can on it's own. Otherwise you're doing yourself a disservice.

Yeah that's very true, I think the brighter stuff he posts would work nice in a mix but can be hard sounding otherwise. It's a tough call really. I started another thread asking how guys like to hear things online and it seems to vary considerably. Some believe an iphone clips is the only way to go, some say close mic, others in a mix.

Devin":wdzpiyd7 said:
aside":wdzpiyd7 said:

He had a polished video clip from his band, it was pretty killer from what I remember.
I get how his online personality was abrasive to some, but the guy has a fleet of amps that is always updating and he spends time posting lengthy clips of it. And he is one of the few people who welcomed me to call him on his cell when I had a GAS Amp question- he talked to me at length about everything I wanted to know and offered his views, which I respect. He jammed with Paul McCartney (Billy Shears?) for crying out loud! I want to know what Reza thinks.
Every forum needs a villain. Bring back the Reza!

aside":1qwoongx said:

You make a point but ultimately he is posting clips that are not being used in a band type recording. So dial it in so the amp sounds good by itself, it's not like it takes hours to do.

Why dial in an amp to leave room for other instruments when you're not posting them with the other instruments? :doh:

We dial the amps in our clips to sound good solo but if we were using them with a band we would dial the amps in accordingly.

EXPcustom":v53c4x22 said:
aside":v53c4x22 said:

You make a point but ultimately he is posting clips that are not being used in a band type recording. So dial it in so the amp sounds good by itself, it's not like it takes hours to do.

Why dial in an amp to leave room for other instruments when you're not posting them with the other instruments? :doh:

We dial the amps in our clips to sound good solo but if we were using them with a band we would dial the amps in accordingly.
I agree ? %

EXPcustom":1wo9p3f9 said:
aside":1wo9p3f9 said:

Yeah fair call. I'm not sure the amps are dialled in any differently, it's more the nature of close miking. Nothing sounds like being in the room, nothing. Microphones don't work like ears unfortunately so I guess it's always a compromise, and a matter of personal taste (for the listener). Pity the dude pissed off some many people here, seems he's super into high end gear.

Well....I just called him out on the Jackson usa group on fb

Hes selling his black soloist custom shop.
The floyd has brass tuners. The guitar didnt come with those unless it was upgraded. I asked him about it.

His response was typical but he lied..

He told me that the model came with that floyd
..as if I'm stupid enough to believe it.
In his mind, nonone knows about gear like he does.

Little does he know that I've been following gear like we all do, and have since early 80's. 83 to be exact. Anyway...

In his reverb ad, he stated that he indeed upgraded the floyd to an 84 reissue. He got annoyed that the question was asked and acted like the bitch he is.

***Edit***
He removed my question about the floyd and blocked me."

He's a shady liar. That's all there is to it. I finally caught this mother fucker. You cannot sell something as mint after you modded it. Hes a piece of shit.

One more to kill this joke once and for all.

Reza is here. He messaged me telling me about this reply I wrote above. Lol
He is a joke. Bye Reza

ElectricVoodoo":3ij9sxdi said:

He is a joke. Bye Reza

He is. He message me through reverb with a print of my first post in this thread.

ElectricVoodoo":u55wssmv said:
Well....I just called him out on the Jackson usa group on fb

Hes selling his black soloist custom shop.
The floyd has brass tuners. The guitar didnt come with those unless it was upgraded. I asked him about it.

His response was typical but he lied..

He told me that the model came with that floyd
..as if I'm stupid enough to believe it.
In his mind, nonone knows about gear like he does.

Little does he know that I've been following gear like we all do, and have since early 80's. 83 to be exact. Anyway...

In his reverb ad, he stated that he indeed upgraded the floyd to an 84 reissue. He got annoyed that the question was asked and acted like the bitch he is.

***Edit***
He removed my question about the floyd and blocked me."

He's a shady liar. That's all there is to it. I finally caught this mother fucker. You cannot sell something as mint after you modded it. Hes a piece of shit.

I saw his post on that group. He said the brass tuners came with that floyd, not that the floyd comes with that guitar like you are trying to make it seem.
He sent me the screen grab because he can still SEE rig talk even though he is not a member here, and its obvious why In this thread, you seem to put alot of effort in lying about him here though.

NO

He edits and screen grabs.

But by all means, please, I dont want to interrupt you sucking his dick..please continue..

He listed the item as mint. Its not if you modded it.
It's that simple.

SBlue":9p8a2q76 said:
ElectricVoodoo":9p8a2q76 said:

He is a joke. Bye Reza

He is. He message me through reverb with a print of my first post in this thread.

He edits and manipulates words constantly
Hes untrustworthy and a piece of shit.

Why am I bothering???
Ok I'm done ???

Back