The Amp GOD Chronicles (EBAY idiots!!)

Mailman1971":3cmorf76 said:
well at least he manned up to apologize. After seeing how he was in his action quotes....I never would of guessed.
Too bad he is like that though. Like I mentioned......he does have alot of cool gear.
I concur :thumbsup:

I just read this entire thread and it is the funniest one yet by a wide margian :hys:. Just proves that you don't need to be a rocket scientist to have some measure of success in the music industry. But on the other hand being a DouchBag-Junkie-Know it All Transvestite does'nt help either. I wonder which amp that he snorted gave him the best buzz.My guess would be an old non-master volume Ampeg he got from the Stones after a tour in the 70's. Or maybe someting Chinese made ( I hear they have the "shit" out there). Has anyone else tried this? What's it like? Maybe I should ask the Transvestite Amp God. Just curiuos :D.

jlbaxe":e9dg3xdy said:
So Death you choose the Rev2. What is the Twin Jet all about. I just bought a 20th Ann Ecstasy, should be here Monday, and looking at getting an Uber. Guess Im looking at Jerry Cantrellish tone and one to compliment and different enough then the Ecstacy. Any pointers or do you think the Rev2 is what an uber should be.

I still like the 101b out of all the clips I heard but went with the 20th so I might have to get one of those just to see. :doh:

For me, the Rev2 is just right. I think great tube amps (high gain or not) should "breathe" and have a "organic" quality to them. This alone is one reason why I'll never sell my early Dual Recto. When using the tube rectifiers on spongy that amp has that quality in spades. Now keep in mind tone and feel are in the eye/ears/hands of the beholder and very subjective. :thumbsup:

This is the basic rundown of the Uberschalls:

Original - Fast gain taper on Gain Channel (some have said almost like an Off/On kind of jump in gain), high plate voltage, good power section compression/sag when pushed, Clean Channel volume slightly lower than Gain Channel by comparison, plastic carry handle (although some Original Uberschalls got the leather handle just prior to transitioning into the Rev2), EL34

Rev2 - Reduced gain taper on Gain Channel (same gain, just more controllable), high plate voltage, good power section compression/sag when pushed, Clean Channel volume slightly lower than Gain Channel by comparison, leather carry handle, EL34

Revision Blue - Same basic gain structure, lower plate voltage, less power section compression/sag when pushed, Clean Channel volume matched closer to Gain Channel, re-design of circuits, addition of Loop volume control, bias test points, power jewel changed to smaller LED type, dedicated design ability to allow power section slaving from an outside source (but this can be accomplished on Original/Rev2 versions), EL34

Twin Jet 1.0 - Gain Channel re-design in a direction towards the Original/Rev2 designs, plate voltage unknown at this time so I can't say, less power section compression (due to the design switch to KT88 power tubes), Clean channel re-do in the direction of a high gain modded Marshall tone with very little ability to get a truly clean sound, addition of power section Presence and Depth controls, KT88

Twin Jet 1.1 - The same as 1.0 but with a modded gain taper on the clean channel, same level of gain available as 1.0 with the ability to go lower gain and clean up better

Now keep in mind, I made up TJ 1.0/1.1 for the purpose of comparison :D , I don't think Bogner looks at them that way. Bogner does offer to perform the Clean Channel mod for anybody who owns what I call 1.0 at no charge.

These are the main differences I know about. I don't know specific component values between the different versions from a design stand point, but I can say my descriptions above, for the most part, are right on the money by way of research, comparisons and the general consensus from those who have had time with them. The volume difference between the Clean Channel and Gain Channel on the Original and Rev2 seem to be exaggerated. Yes there is a difference, but nothing that can't be fixed by just turning the Clean Channel Volume control up a little more than the Gain Channel volume control. Another words, adjust the amp with you ears, not your eyes.

As for this whole thread, it was definitely fun, I never really expected it to get this big, but what a fun ride it was. If it weren't for something obviously mis-represented with the Uberschall in that auction, this thread wouldn't have happened. I just know these amps very well. If his auction was about a Fender Bassman Version "what ever", I wouldn't know Adam from Jane on it and would assume the ad was accurate. :thumbsup:

billboogie":1z9kbuck said:
I just read this entire thread and it is the funniest one yet by a wide margian :hys:. Just proves that you don't need to be a rocket scientist to have some measure of success in the music industry. But on the other hand being a DouchBag-Junkie-Know it All Transvestite does'nt help either. I wonder which amp that he snorted gave him the best buzz.My guess would be an old non-master volume Ampeg he got from the Stones after a tour in the 70's. Or maybe someting Chinese made ( I hear they have the "shit" out there). Has anyone else tried this? What's it like? Maybe I should ask the Transvestite Amp God. Just curiuos :D.
Long ago, in an amp snorting induced stupor, he mistook a Dumble for a Fuchs and chopped it up and whiffed it. :doh: He's still giving $10.00 bj's to pay off that one! :cry: :LOL: :LOL:

Beyond Black":2ld3krwj said:
billboogie":2ld3krwj said:
Long ago, in an amp snorting induced stupor, he mistook a Dumble for a Fuchs and chopped it up and whiffed it. :doh: He's still giving $10.00 bj's to pay off that one! :cry: :LOL: :LOL:
I haven't tried it yet, but I'll limit myself to a RoHS compliant head. One can never be too safe with that lead poisoning!!! :D

diezelduder":3otl0pt3 said:
this thread possibly made my night,

thanks to that transvestite junkie for being an asshole

https://cgi.ebay.com/BOGNER-UBERSCHALL-R ... 495wt_1148

https://cgi.ebay.com/BOGNER-UBERSCHALL-E ... 429wt_1148

by our favorite junkie!!

how in the fuck does this guy get all this shit, not just the amps, i mean i go through amps, but he's got all kinds of shit all the time, i don't get it, i guess i am just not that cool,

anyway thanks everyone for the lulz
:2thumbsup:

Jaaaayzzzeusss!! 6 pages - unbelievable... I didn't even know what this thread was all about, but when I clicked the last page and saw the Rocky Horror Picture Show snap, something told me it had to do with Mr. Metaunstable...

And I was right.

Guy's legend 'round here!!

V.

Back