The Guitar Guru Network (The fake tracking number scam goes on)

Hilariously on the “ask Dave” episode of Tone-Talk yesterday someone asked Dave if he could help because GuitarGuruNetwork “lost” a Friedman amp he had ordered. My money is on Keith sending the dude a fake tracking number as usual instead of actually losing the amp….

Time stamped for those curious. :cool:

I'd imagine an email to the board of directors at reverb or Etsy with evidence would have him banned from their platform quite quickly.

They've burned me twice on pickups. Fake tracking numbers, then "Dude, you'll never believe it but someone bought the last one the same time as you did" even though the listing showed several in stock after the purchase.

Yup, they are shysters, or I should say, he is a shyster.
I steer clear of them

Hilariously on the “ask Dave” episode of Tone-Talk yesterday someone asked Dave if he could help because GuitarGuruNetwork “lost” a Friedman amp he had ordered. My money is on Keith sending the dude a fake tracking number as usual instead of actually losing the amp….
Lol Yea I saw that too. They quickly ended the episod, probably as to not get involved with the horrible Guitar Guru Scamworks business.

I just did
This grifter must have a stake in Reverb or has
them by the balls...
Reverb comes on here often and are well informed of they're precious little Suzy Q.
Maybe the owner of Reverb got Suzanne
knocked up???

Last edited:
They know what's going on, they choose to let it go to keep the revenue coming in from GGN. Reverb doesn't have a financial interest in banning sellers.
No way a company that sold for 275 million is covering for some goon in Georgia who scams people. Someone in the customer service department has to be covering for him hince the removal of reviews and the blind eye they turn to every term of service rule he breaks.

No way a company that sold for 275 million is covering for some goon in Georgia who scams people. Someone in the customer service department has to be covering for him hince the removal of reviews and the blind eye they turn to every term of service rule he breaks.
The review process itself is the flaw. With reverb, they can leave the negative feedback for the buyer and the only way to get it removed is to do the same for them. You have no leverage. It speaks volumes that they have feedback for maybe only half of their sales

They are deleting posts now being critical of GGN on the youtube video. Strange because the channel owner hearted my comment before deleting it.

I also chatted with reverb about the situation and advised of extensive documentation of other reverb users having the same experience with this merchant, many dating back years. I got a canned response about it being reported to their merchant services team, whatever its' called. Happy ending to the story is that I went to zzounds this afternoon and placed an order for the same model and it has already shipped via fedex. I had an order in place with zzounds that I canceled because I thought I could get it faster through guitar guru.

I don’t know what you guys don’t understand that Reverb isn’t reverb anymore, it’s Etsy for music equipment. It’s not eBay. It’s Etsy owned and managed. They are a dumpster fire for customer service.

They are deleting posts now being critical of GGN on the youtube video. Strange because the channel owner hearted my comment before deleting it.

Marc may not want to be in the middle of it. Interesting to note is that AFAIK, GGN is *not* an authorized dealer per Friedman's website (unless I missed something).

I didn't realize this kind of fake tracking # crap was going on. I guess I need to unfollow or block some more people online. Sad.

Oh, GGN is a stage 10 offender . There have been numerous threads about them spanning many guitar forums. The fake tracking number scam is just the tip of the iceberg with this guy.

Who knows how, but they have had MANY negative reviews removed from reverb?!?!?! They need to leave them there! If I saw a seller that had a few negative reviews, I would not buy from them.

Back