The last KISS show is tonight. Thoughts?

JohnnyGtar

It's been 48 years since I first heard Alive 1. I was 14 or 15. First song I heard was a nuclear explosion. This was MY music. MINE. I didn't know anything about the visual spectacle they presented in concert, it was the MUSIC that grabbed me and never let go. From that moment it was GAME ON. I play drums and guitar now thanks to these 4 men and their manager who helped guide them on their road to the big time. Playing music for a living brought me out to California in 83 and it's home sweet home. Met my wife here. Our kids, grandkids and great-greatkids would not EXIST if KISS hadn't lit the fire of music for me to learn drums and guitar.

Ace, Peter, Gene, Paul, Bill, THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART.

Last edited:
Saw them the first time on the Rock and Roll Over tour, when I was a kid. Amazing experience. To this day, Kiss, and Paul Stanley are always at or near the top of my list (except during my death metal / black metal days '90 - '95).

Actually met Paul when I was a kid, before they removed the makeup, had to be late '77 or early '78; at Brian Guitars in New Haven, CT; my guitar teacher worked there, and I was looking to buy my first real guitar. My guitar teach asked me if I knew who that was, and pointed to some dude with long hair and dressed in leather IIRC, I said IDK, he said that's Paul Stanley, knowing I liked Kiss, he said you want to meet him? Which I did, briefly, he asked what my favorite Kiss song was, I said Hotter than Hell, he grabbed the Les Paul I had in my hands, played part of the riff and handed back the guitar to me, and said something like, "gotta run" or "gotta go". Not sure if the Les Paul in my hands was the new 1978 black and gold Norlin Gibson Les Paul Custom that I actually purchased that day? I looked at several new Les Pauls that day.

50+ years of platinum, gold releases and filling stadiums and arenas around the world. It's been a great ride!

200w (4).gif

Big fan since 1977 , they’re the reason I started playing guitar . My first concert ever was KISS at the Cow Palace 1979 . By that time I had got into Van Halen , Zeppelin , AC/DC , Aerosmith , Nugent to name a few so they weren’t really my top band anymore but KISS (along with Peter Frampton and Elton John to a lesser degree) were a huge influence on the start of my love for rock n roll. With all that said I’m not really that moved by this being the last show, it just doesn’t make me feel any certain way . I was a lot more moved and excited when Ace and Peter joined them for Unplugged in ‘95 and the ‘96/‘97 reunion tour.

Last edited:
Been listening to them since when I was 8 years old. Beatles made me like music, and Kiss made me wanna work with music.
Alive I and II are still some of my all time favorite albums.
However, Kiss retirement is just like Global Warming... it's about to happen for really long time, but as long as you keep changing the excuses and renaming the catastrophe, you'll still be able to collect all the believers money. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I was a KISS fan before a I was a Van Halen fan. But like Motley Crue, (whom I also love) I wouldn't got to a live show if you paid me.

I'll just hold on to the memories.

Agree with Panhead .

But to keep this on a positive note, someone needs to post a pic of the ACE tattoo DimeBag has on his arm (or was in on his chest)

Agree with Panhead .

But to keep this on a positive note, someone needs to post a pic of the ACE tattoo DimeBag has on his arm
Thanks ! I really do want to keep it positive myself but aging rockstars are really no different than athletes ,. When you can't sing , play, tour or end up cheating with lip syncing or background vocals you need to know when to give it up . It happens to everyone in different phases of our lives . With some of these bands I just don't get it especially Kiss where I think they probably CLEARLY don't need the money !

Two best shows I've ever seen was my first concert ever which was KISS in 1979 and then KISS on their reunion tour in 1997. Brought my ex wife to her first concert ever which was KISS in early 2000's. It was their Psycho Circus tour. Just saw KISS a couple of weeks ago and brought my girlfriend. It was her first rock concert.
I started listening to them in probably 1976. Love Gun was my first KISS album. They are the reason I wanted to play music. Sad that it's come to an end, but I'm glad they're finally hanging it up.

Any band who can sell a Kiss Casket doesnt need money

Remember Genes Family Jewels show?
That dude had an whole room full of Kiss swag

I've been a diehard KISS fan since about 1977. I saw them about 4 shows into the tour when they put on the makeup again in 1996 and then saw them an additional 7 or 8 times, with the latest being the Indy show last weekend. I've dressed like Gene, Paul, and Ace for Halloween and even dressed up like Gene this past Halloween. It was the same outfit I wore for my wedding reception, which was in costumes (not kidding).

I tell people that KISS has been the soundtrack to my life. It is sad that the party has to end but that is life and glad they went out on top with this huge tour. I always loved that idea of being a KISS fan means you were not afraid to be a total weirdo and belt out these goofy anthems. What a ride!!

The pics below are my recent Halloween, me as Ace when I was 22 years old, and a side by side of my kid and I when she went as Gene 🤣🤘

Attachments

• 20231031_171126.jpg
    20231031_171126.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 33
  • FB_IMG_1532550477182.jpg
    FB_IMG_1532550477182.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 20200815_172029.jpg
    20200815_172029.jpg
    540 KB · Views: 33
I definetly got my KISS fix when Roth opened for them in 2020, around 20 shows, watching them every night brought back lots of childhood memories! I can't help but think they'll continue and maybe do some one-off shows/festivals, either way best of luck to all of them...

Back