The New Line 6 Helix!?

Sounds fizzy to me at higher gain? We were hearing the DI in this clip apparently, no way that sounds better than a mic to the front of the house. That said, the thing prob sounds good through a power amp and speaker like they were hearing it.

At the top of my GAS list, I'm waiting to hear what early adopters have to say, though I'm very happy with my current modeler.

LINE 6 were the ones who really started this whole modeling revolution so great to see them creating a great piece of gear.

All of us guitarists win when these companies compete and keep trying to bring the best product to the table. It is always going to be a win for all of us and I love it. I remember how blown away I was in the 90's when I first got the original POD. As an AxeFX-II owner now, great to see how far modeling has come and to see so many choices out there.

They have a rack unit already. It's in "part 2" of their review. It comes with a floor board. They don't demo the rack nor do they show the floor board

The UI is incredible IMO
best looking piece of kit as far as modellers , the tweaking modes of touch a button access a menu as well as pedal edit mode is brilliant.
From the vids the Univibe ,Wahs ,Flange, Tremolo, delays are killer and more classic sounding like the originals ,Drive pedals seem to be greatly improved as well.

For the Amp Tones . the cleans too me are pretty nice , the Higher Gains i am 50/50 on .I hear potential in things like how it decays but i still hear some LINE6 in there , maybe different IRs ,or using the Hi cut will reduce this , with the dollar exchange in Canada its a lot of cash over $2000 .i would need to hear more and check it out myself to be convinced.

Here is another vid and the Deluxe preamp sounds great , even the modelled one into the amp .

NeubyWanKaneuby":1c2u8rt5 said:
Metlupass2":1c2u8rt5 said:
It would be nice to see in a rack mount eventually.

There is a rackmount version.

http://line6.com/helix/#products

Now that is nice looking. I'm definitely interested in trying but still looks too confusing to me with all the routing compared to the simplicity of my wonderful Kemper rack.

Jun15_LNU_Line6_Helix-Rack_WEB.jpg

That sounds amazing.
I love the idea of different amps for each side.
I'd seriously consider gigging this thing.
Recording demos would be a breeze.

The kemper makes the most sense to me where modelers go. It is essentially your amp, mic placement, and cab/speaker. Bit of fizz around the edges but the most accurate from what I have heard.

Badronald":3sf16psk said:
That sounds amazing.

Axe can do it too, just FYI.

This thing looks good...like said above, when modeling gets competitive, consumers win. I'd love to see L6 come thru with something that competes with Axe/Kemper...maybe prices on those will get lowered enough that they're common place...as far as I know I'm the only one in my city with an Axe and Chad has the Kemper...I don't know anyone else in SLC with either and I know a lot of musicians...

Steinmetzify":3g9yc4u4 said:
Badronald":3g9yc4u4 said:
That sounds amazing.

Axe can do it too, just FYI.

This thing looks good...like said above, when modeling gets competitive, consumers win. I'd love to see L6 come thru with something that competes with Axe/Kemper...maybe prices on those will get lowered enough that they're common place...as far as I know I'm the only one in my city with an Axe and Chad has the Kemper...I don't know anyone else in SLC with either and I know a lot of musicians...

There's that dude that like owns the rehearsal space on 4th and 4th and plays in that band I can never remember the name of, Radiatata or something... A friend used to be in that band and they opened for Pussycat a couple months ago and he was using an AxeFx and I think when we opened for Sonic Prophecy they were using one? They had a rack of something that went down towards the end... There's a few I've seen out here but not much

Back