The Official..... unOfficial Bad Cat Amp Thread *_*

  • Thread starter Thread starter The~Kid
  • Start date Start date
Have you taken the time to contact Fender? yes or no
Fender doesn't manufacture these speakers..... They make a 412 cab.


Celestion does make these speakers and they label them as 20w on the label and spec sheet.


Now anyone is free to buy these individually from them or a retailer and follow whatever rat/bat shit logic you care to argue here all day..... Or follow common sense and avoid warranty issues and potentially blowing up your speaker and amp and avoid losing hundreds if not thousands of dollars by mishandling and misuse.


Me I just follow the label and common sense but anyone is free to do whatever you suggest, listen to shit on the Internet and Forum bro logic and take the risk..... I'm no "expert" like you buddy and that's above my pay grade.


Anyways as said before...... Just let it go...... Let it go.... Let it go 😂
 
Last edited:
Speakers can and often do blow "open" (infinite resistance) and depending what other speakers there are and if they blow too it can be the same situation as running an OT with no load.
Facts but that doesn't seem to resonate with some despite that and they openly suggest shit that puts gear at risk of blowing/burning/breaking essentially.


Its the most bat shit crazy insane thing ever......


Vs simply following the label and ratings.
 
Fender doesn't manufacturer these speakers..... They make a 412 cab.


Celestion does make these speakers and they label them as 20w on the label and spec sheet.


Now anyone is free to buy these individually from them or a retailer and follow whatever rat/bat shit logic you care to argue here all day..... Or follow common sense and avoid warranty issues and potentially blowing up your speaker and amp and avoid losing hundreds if not thousands of dollars by mishandling and misuse.


Me I just follow the label and common sense but anyone is free to do whatever you suggest, listen to shit on the Internet and Forum bro logic and take the risk..... I'm no "expert" like you buddy and that's above my pay grade.
1787172661542.gif
 
Generally even 25W greenbacks have not been considered reliable in a 4x12 with a 100w head. Now I think it's true that historically more people dime metal panels than 5150s. It's also true that the nominal power rating of a tube power section is generally at low (1-2%) THD. So with substantial power amp distortion. that 5150 is capable of a lot more than 100W.

Personally I generally like to see something like 40-50% design margin in speaker wattage and if people ask for recommendations that's what I'll recommend. But just like with the Miata, you're one cheap yet huge Chinese turbo away from doing whatever the fuck you want.
This is true..... Even Jim at Scumback suggest with his 20w speakers to use 8 for this reason as well......

And nvm that even when dudes would use 8 with 20w or 25w you'd still have occasions where these would still blow up or worse because there is a difference between what it can handle clean and overdriven as even Jim states.....


Its just contradicting logic that makes absolutely zero sense and purely hypocritical in that sense nvm irresponsible for anyone to argue whatever they are arguing here and pure brain rot.


In that sense its irresponsible to ignore this or tell people it ain't a big deal because it kind of is and well Jim aint going to replace peoples shit if it blows up, none of these dudes are...... So why advise people to do something so irresponsible even if you had the minimum wattage and power :dunno:
 
This thing looks sweet too but I feel the 20 watt version would be better for me......


 
Fender doesn't manufacturer these speakers..... They make a 412 cab.


Celestion does make these speakers and they label them as 20w on the label and spec sheet.


Now anyone is free to buy these individually from them or a retailer and follow whatever rat/bat shit logic you care to argue here all day..... Or follow common sense and avoid warranty issues and potentially blowing up your speaker and amp and avoid losing hundreds if not thousands of dollars by mishandling and misuse.


Me I just follow the label and common sense but anyone is free to do whatever you suggest, listen to shit on the Internet and Forum bro logic and take the risk..... I'm no "expert" like you buddy and that's above my pay grade.


Anyways as said before...... Just let it go...... Let it go.... Let it go 😂

Hey numbnuts - this whole thing started because you told @Thrane that it was unsafe to run the EVH 4x12 with the EVH Stealth. If you had a problem with an EVH speaker in an EVH cabinet you don't contact Celestion.

This just proves you have no idea what you are talking about.
 
Hey numbnuts - this whole thing started because you told @Thrane that it was unsafe to run the EVH 4x12 with the EVH Stealth. If you had a problem with an EVH speaker in an EVH cabinet you don't contact Celestion.

This just proves you have no idea what you are talking about.
Alright great...... Can you give it a fucking rest now bro respectfully.

Can you guys just give this shit a rest.....


Its just a drag..... Let it go. Don't y'all have better shit to do with your life other than just be shitty people... Can't you just not be shitty for one day and take it one step at a time or not sure.... It can't be good to be you guys and it sounds like y'all are unhappy about shit.... Well sorry guys but shits tough all over and hope whatever crap you're going through for what it's worth could be less of a burden....


And well it is a sensible thing too as even bare minimum of power handling can pose a danger and risk to gear/rig. Leaving it at that not everyone is a seasoned vet either and well out of caution maybe it makes sense that people use discretion and precaution when it comes to their gig/rig.......


And well yeah...... I'm just here talking about Bad Cat and amps Built here in USA and SoCal...... Other than that don't know what else to tell you man, play guitar, drink some tea and have a good day :dunno:
 
No

It doesn't work that way. You attacked just about everyone, including Jim at Scumback, and you are just going to have to deal with it :dunno:

You don't get to pretend everything is water under the bridge. And quit bothering the mods with your pointless reporting of posts. Fuck....grow up.
 
Last edited:
No

It doesn't work that way. You attacked just about everyone, including Jim at Scumback, and you are just going to have to deal with it :dunno:

You don't get to pretend everything is water under the bridge. And quit bothering the mods with you pointless reporting of posts. Fuck....grow up.
Hey if you want to be ignorant, a shitty person and angry all day that's you and these guys fine......

It doesn't matter any which way youre just be a shitty person and it's clear nothing will change that, ignore the risk here, ignore that your advising people to blow up their speakers and amps by mishandling them and misuse...... And just be shitty.... Be shitty..... Be irresponsible and advise others to as well.....


That is your right and well you do you, no skin off my back and you're really here just wasting time, being grumpy..... Whatever, do that shit at TGP and be a douchebag there as you undoubtedly do and are, why be here :dunno:
 
Last edited:
Hey if you want to be ignorant, a shitty person and angry all day that's you and these guys fine......

I'm not angry and I'm not ignorant and you know it.

It doesn't matter any which way youre just be a shitty person and it's clear nothing will change that, ignore the risk here, ignore that your advising people to blow up their speakers and amps by mishandling them and misuse...... And just be shitty.... Be shitty..... Be irresponsible and advise others to as well.....

There you go again. You are back at it. I'm not advising people to blow up their speakers and amps by mishandling them. I helped prove they are 25 watts - you just can't accept it. BTW - how did you get past Middle School with grammar as bad as yours?

That is your right and well you do you, no skin off my back and you're really here just wasting time, being grumpy..... Whatever, do that shit at TGP and be a douchebag there as you undoubtedly do and are, why be here :dunno:

I don't hang out at the TGP and you know it. I believe it was you that was basically kicked off TGP for doing what you have been doing here :dunno:
 
I'm not angry and I'm not ignorant and you know it.



There you go again. You are back at it. I'm not advising people to blow up their speakers and amps by mishandling them. I helped prove they are 25 watts - you just can't accept it. BTW - how did you get past Middle School with grammar as bad as yours?



I don't hang out at the TGP and you know it. I believe it was you that was basically kicked off TGP for doing what you have been doing here :dunno:
Whatever the case you're not going to replace peoples shit after it blows up when they listen to your BS vs common sense and reading a label on a speaker.....


As said hey man, I ain't the one telling people to do stupid shit and no skin off my back...... :dunno:
 
Last edited:
There you go again. You are back at it. I'm not advising people to blow up their speakers and amps by mishandling them. I helped prove they are 25 watts - you just can't accept it.
Anyone who looks at the Celestion website or the back of the fucking speaker "can't accept it" because that's not what Celestion says. They say 20W.

Now, I know Jim's uncle knew a guy who used to work for Celestion who totally didn't leave under suspicious circumstances, and he talked to a guy who says it's 25W. But the actual fucking speaker says 20W. There's a serious difference in quality of evidence here. That is not proof, just bullshit. The spec sheet is proof.

If Celestion wants this to go away, all they have to do is change their website and the sticker and warranty it at 25W and boom, problem gone. Similarly, Celestion will do custom stickers. If they really are 25W Fender could order them with the correct sticker. The fact that they have not done either, despite this being discussed for years, makes it quite clear what their position is.
 
"I'm going to use Diesel on my Tesla...... Because Mark at Chevy said I could even though the car just runs on electricity."


"It makes the car run better and provides more mojo, more efficiency and cleaner power too."


What could go wrong :dunno:
 
"I'm going to use Diesel on my Tesla...... Because Mark at Chevy said I could even though the car just runs on electricity."


"It makes the car run better and provides more mojo, more efficiency and cleaner power too."


What could go wrong :dunno:
Gawd damn you're dumb. Obviously you don't understand your "comparison" is in no way the same thing as the speaker argument. But keep on making yourself look like a colossal moron. It's actually pretty entertaining.

BTW, you do realize you've been arguing this dumb shit for over 8 hours. I've just been bored at work and making fun of your idiocy helped pass the time. What's your excuse for ranting on this long?
 
Gawd damn you're dumb. Obviously you don't understand your "comparison" is in no way the same thing as the speaker argument. But keep on making yourself look like a colossal moron. It's actually pretty entertaining.

BTW, you do realize you've been arguing this dumb shit for over 8 hours. I've just been bored at work and making fun of your idiocy helped pass the time. What's your excuse for ranting on this long?
AssHatter..... Pivoting from his advising people to do stupid shit and blow their speakers and amps up and backpedaling now 😂

Classic :LOL:
 
AssHatter..... Pivoting from his advising people to do stupid shit and blow their speakers and amps up and backpedaling now 😂

Classic :LOL:
Da fuck you talkin' 'bout Willis? Explain how my post you quoted is me backpedaling. I don't think you'll be able to because it's not. You're just using the word backpedaling because you saw me and others use it to describe what you do, but don't actually know what it means. You just invent dumbass shit in your head don't you? Fuck, you're a colossal moron.
 
Back
Top