The Official..... unOfficial Bad Cat Amp Thread *_*

  • Thread starter Thread starter The~Kid
  • Start date Start date
I don't have anything against PCB - about 95% of what I've played for the last 20 years is PCB. But a dealer did just throw me a crazy deal on a Cub V 40watt. So I'm about to own a PTP one. Looking forward to it.
Congrats man let us know how it goes.


That's what's cool about these amps since they are sold in a lot of Mom and Pops they can hook it up with some good prices sometimes.

Luckily I was able to get mine on Black Friday and mixed it with a discount so for anyone interested look out for those those holidays like Black Friday or New Years to double dip on the sales and discounts if you can or check out a Mom and Pop and see what they can do. If you have the money these things are totally worth the full price.

Not sure what it is exactly but kind of like Bassman meets Plexi..... Missing link type of thing..... It sounds phenomenal.

These things are sweet and I think they use EL34 too *_*


 
Congrats man let us know how it goes.


That's what's cool about these amps since they are sold in a lot of Mom and Pops they can hook it up with some good prices sometimes.

Luckily I was able to get mine on Black Friday and mixed it with a discount so for anyone interested look out for those those holidays like Black Friday or New Years to double dip on the sales and discounts if you can or check out a Mom and Pop and see what they can do. If you have the money these things are totally worth the full price.

Not sure what it is exactly but kind of like Bassman meets Plexi..... Missing link type of thing..... It sounds phenomenal.

These things are sweet and I think they use EL34 too *_*
Yeah I don't quite know what to call it either - in my mind it's sort of a hot Matchless with reverb. At least in the videos the reverb sounds really good. It is 2x EL-34 for 40 watts - probably cathode biased class AB although I don't think it explicitly says.
 
Yeah I don't quite know what to call it either - in my mind it's sort of a hot Matchless with reverb. At least in the videos the reverb sounds really good. It is 2x EL-34 for 40 watts - probably cathode biased class AB although I don't think it explicitly says.
Its got a lot of tubes and well sort of like a higher powered AC30 meets a Bassman/Plexi and a bit more features than both, nothing crazy but just for utility.

You can pick the preamp type too between EF86 and 12AX7, that is pretty nifty.


Also funny time, 714 is the area code around these parts in Anaheim/Fullerton and Costa Mesa where these amps are made 😂


1000001256.png

1000001255.png
 
Last edited:
Tosin Abasi loves his Bad Cat...... And Tosin ain't bad :dunno:


Built in USA/SoCal 😎

1000001259.jpg
1000001260.jpg
 
My favorite ship is friendship.........



All aboard the USS Bad Cat *_*











 
Back
Top