Thoughts VH2's with 6L6s not KT77s and Cabinet Recommendation

I agree, when I had VH4 It felt a little stiffer harder to play amp than Hebert, but it's fun to overcome that stiffness, it's just a special thing about VH4 and I guess VH2

I tested Marked 5:25, for me it was extremely disappointing amp, it didn't stand any chance against Mark IV and Mark V that I had. 5:25 sounded more like a distortion pedal than tube amp, I don't know why, but I had very hard time to dial it in. I know that Mark series is tricky beast to dial , but I knew my way around MKIV and MK V, and 5;25 didn't work, Clean channel was ok, but overdrive not for me. and yes indeed regarding low volume sounds, Diezel among the best, I'm still keep amazing people that I can play 180W Herbert whisper quiet.

Regarding hiccup? never had issue. Did you let your tubes properly warm up, all cables a good (especially speaker cable)?

I agree, when I had VH4 It felt a little stiffer harder to play amp than Hebert, but it's fun to overcome that stiffness, it's just a special thing about VH4 and I guess VH2

I tested Marked 5:25, for me it was extremely disappointing amp, it didn't stand any chance against Mark IV and Mark V that I had. 5:25 sounded more like a distortion pedal than tube amp, I don't know why, but I had very hard time to dial it in. I know that Mark series is tricky beast to dial , but I knew my way around MKIV and MK V, and 5;25 didn't work, Clean channel was ok, but overdrive not for me. and yes indeed regarding low volume sounds, Diezel among the best, I'm still keep amazing people that I can play 180W Herbert whisper quiet.

Regarding hiccup? never had issue. Did you let your tubes properly warm up, all cables a good (especially speaker cable)?
I am definitely seeing it all now. The Mark was just not a good dirty amp. It was my first tube amp so it was leagues ahead of my cheap digital amp. The VH4 pedal into the Fat Channel sounded way better than any of the dirty channels. Hence my decision to get the VH2. Glad to hear it wasn't just me and that an experience Mesa user couldn't dial it in either. I hear the 90W is way better.

Regarding Hiccup:

I let the amp warm up for a good minute or 2. Manual says 40 seconds, but since it was the first time, I let it warm up longer.

Speakers had just arrived. I let them acclimated for an hour or so, but they could have still be a bit cold.

The master was just a touch open (so maybe it was fading between off and on). I raised the master and lowered the channel volume a hair and haven't had the issue since.

I played for another hour or so last night with no issues. So hopefully this was a one time quirk.

Like always a matter of taste, but from my experience I would start CH2 / CH3 with all settings around 1 (clockwise) or slightly below. The Mids are quite interesting on the Diezel, you can really try to max them but also cut them, both is nice depending on your wishes...

Like always a matter of taste, but from my experience I would start CH2 / CH3 with all settings around 1 (clockwise) or slightly below. The Mids are quite interesting on the Diezel, you can really try to max them but also cut them, both is nice depending on your wishes...
Thanks for quoting me inside the same topic.... :lame:

Im getting a MV 90W
After having the Herbert for 12 years or so, its time for womething new
The Herbert is staying, just cant part with it.

BTW, i like your YT channel!

Back