thread on larry amps and who he says ripped him off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sorry but this has been bugging me about Larry. Stevek ordered a Dino from you back in 2014-2015 correct?

And even to this day the amp has not been delivered and you had no idea of his death? This is very disturbing to me.

So please explain this to all of us since you have all the time in the world to defend your circuit design.

To me this is beyond belief. Not only is it hard to get a hold of you, I guess if no one tries to contact you about their build, you will just quietly continue not delivering amps.

Good luck to all future Larry customers.

Krull":2ok6w3y4 said:
I’m sorry but this has been bugging me about Larry. Stevek ordered a Dino from you back in 2014-2015 correct?
Wrong! It's been early in 2017

Krull":2ok6w3y4 said:
So please explain this to all of us...
Only a fool might think, that I'd roll out my business internals publicly on forums.

I'm already in touch with Siobhan, Steve's widow and we sort it out.

Still more to know about this isn't up to you!

novosibir":y5wnwxog said:
Krull":y5wnwxog said:
Wrong! It's been early in 2017

Krull":y5wnwxog said:
So please explain this to all of us...
Only a fool might think, that I'd roll out my business internals publicly on forums.

I'm already in touch with Siobhan, Steve's widow and we sort it out.

Still more to know about this isn't up to you!

Wrong! it wasn’t 2017. That is a straight up lie. But whatever.

And still you never reached out to him or his wife until this thread came up about you and your circuits being plagiarized. How convenient. It’s only 2020.

Krull":29j6g7zk said:
The order was placed in Oct 2016 and the down payment came through in Jan 2017, because someone (not Steve) has forgotten to make the wire and I'm not one of those, who quickly inquire, if the payment doesn't come through.

It's not seldom, that one is placing an order, I send the invoice for the down payment and the wire transfer doesn't come through.
Then usually I inquire only once and if it then doesn't come through I simply drop the order.

novosibir":3si27e75 said:
Krull":3si27e75 said:
The order was placed in Oct 2016 and the down payment came through in Jan 2017, because someone (not Steve) has forgotten to make the wire and I'm not one of those, who quickly inquire, if the payment doesn't come through.

It's not seldom, that one is placing an order, I send the invoice for the down payment and the wire transfer doesn't come through.
Then usually I inquire only once and if it then doesn't come through I simply drop the order.

So now it’s 2016...

I know for a fact he placed the order for the amp sometime around 2015. I have emails from him in 2017 as I asked about if he received his amp yet after waiting 1 1/2 years like you quoted.

He told me he had been trying to contact you for 3-4 months with zero reply.

Anyway you have no excuse for this.

Krull":137vg7ly said:
So now it’s 2016...
No 2017 because an order first then becomes valid, when the down payment went in.

But now go and krull around elsewhere and enjoy your boring Saturday with others - my time is way too costly for you!

I'm not responsible to you in any way, I've said was has to be said and I won't reply to you anymore. Period!

Just to inform the community, I've just placed the Member Krull onto my ignore list.
No matter what he's posted and will be posting I can't see anymore, so don't wonder, when I don't react to his trollism anymore.

:LOL: :LOL:

Stevek’s own words on TGP (boggydepot). Is he lying? I’ve done 3 deals with him and he’s been straight up every time.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...ughts-fortin-plagiarized-larry.1966770/page-4

And here is Larry’s response before he edits it. Notice he said the order was placed in 2015.

“I've begun with modding tube amps back in 1984, are designing & building my own tube amps since 1988, have introduced my very first DINO amp in Jan. of 1992 and since 1993 – already a quarter century – I'm also selling my amps to North America (USA & Canada).

About since the turn of the millennium every 2-nd to 3-th amp I'm building is going over the pond, either into the USA or to Canada. I don't want to mention a number, but there are meanwhile a lot of Larry amps over there.

The waiting time for an amp head after placing an order has creeped up from about one year at the beginning of the millennium to sometimes over two years and is currently at about 18 months. I must confess, that the agreed waiting time sometimes I've had to extend in the past due to unexpected incidents.

Basically I take 1/3 (33.3%) of the total by placing an order (some pay more or even full up-front, but I don't suggest this myself and don't expect it). But there's none (definitely N-O-N-E) among all those, who have ever ordered an amp from me and have payed their deposit in the past quarter century, which didn't get their amp after a more or less long waiting time – except those, which still are in my waiting loop.

There's only one exclusion in my waiting loop:

In 2015, now 3 years ago (not 5 or 6 years) I got an order for a DINO 939 from someone, living in North America, where a waiting time of 18 months has been agreed – correct.

But what I didn't know at that time and what I haven't expected is, that (among other business troubles) the design of my new flag ship DINO 962, which I've designed during 2016/2017 would turn out so extremely time consuming, that I've finally had to extend the waiting times of all customers on my waiting list.

To not disappoint the mentioned 'someone' too much now one year ago and after altogether 2 years waiting time, I've offered him my personal DINO 939 instead, which de facto has been a new amp, dust free w/o any scratch just with about 20 to 30 playing hours.

His reply was, in short, that things have changed a lot for him, that he first has to cure a serious health issue, that he has to start a round through several hospitals and hence isn't able to use any amp at the moment. There was no word about, that I should stick his deposit elsewhere.

I've told him my upright sorry for his situation, have sent him my best wishes for a hopefully quick convalescence and that he should get back to me, as soon as he's back on his feet again, so that I can put his order back in the line. But haven't heard back from him since then.

If this 'someone' is you, boggydepot, then please contact me via PM or email, instead of confusing people publicly and instead of scratching my reputation. Believe me, I'm an absolutely upright and fair person. Nobody is loosing money by doing business with me.

Larry”

for those interested, posted some fortin amp pics, see it in the flesh on the "evil pumkin thread ". interesting, proof, enjoy and reverse it. slocon welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back