Tonight show had Yngwie !?!? Wow

Impressed that they gave him a spot and pronounced his name properly but that playing was all over the place. He would have served himself better by playing snippets of Purple Haze or Spanish Castle magic with the band. His phrasing left the building decades ago but I will always love his playing and confidence. Guy is a legend.
 
I saw the thumbnail on my YT feed and assumed it was AI until I saw that YJM himself posted it ... pretty cool ... have always loved his tone and that has pretty much never changed from day one
 
I hate strats and those rinky dink trems in them but always wanted to try one of his sig strats for that phat scalloped board. Are those pickups decent for metal or are they limp stratty pickups??
 
I hate strats and those rinky dink trems in them but always wanted to try one of his sig strats for that phat scalloped board. Are those pickups decent for metal or are they limp stratty pickups??

They are 100% strat pickups, just a little less noise and a tiny bit less bright

If you hate the strat tone, its not gonna do it for you

It's very similar to the fender noiseless style, just slightly better at gain
 
Back
Top