Yngwie style but different......Joe Stump from YT.... song "Full Throttle"

  • Thread starter Thread starter harddriver
  • Start date Start date
That's Stumps "MO." An Yngwie disciple who is just different enough to make him a compelling listen. Been a fan since he first hit the scene. His album Speed Metal Messiah is a good introduction to him
 
Great player and great chops

But joe stump is one of those guys where it's like just... "why?"

Why shave a landing strip on your chin like you're an 80s porn stars pussy?

Why wear a 15$ spirit Halloween wig in your playthrough videos?

Why don't you join a band that makes actual music?

Why can't you collaborate with great vocalists and songwriters like Michael Romeo and Impelliteri and other shredders do, to make albums that people would actually want to listen to?


Dudes a beastly player but just like

Why
 
The wig just had me flash on a childhood memory

Wacky Races Medium.jpeg
 
Nice chops, obviously a skilled player but not my thing. Sounds rehashed and I cannot stand the drums
 
I teach his stuff a lot . He’s def more technical and faster and cleaner . Hes does ynqwie but with the kicking precision of MAB . They both have immaculate left hand posture when shredding full
 
I wish the neoclassical dudes would steal Bach et al's compositional skills and not just the sequences, tonality, etc. Though I watched the entire video through just to see his technique, very impressive.
 
Never been able to get into his playing..his phrasing is nowhere close to Yngwie's and I find him sloppoer in the sense that he doesn't have his picking down like the others do. You guys hear precision? He rushes everything.
 
Honest question, is that really a wig? I am not the best judge, it took me literally 15 years to realize my bass player wears some type of hair piece.
 
Honest question, is that really a wig? I am not the best judge, it took me literally 15 years to realize my bass player wears some type of hair piece.

More wig than even Gene Simmons, yes. Joe's is like something you'd wear to a Broadway show or something.....

97400587-0-image-a-122_1744913385048.jpg


eNew3a_lg.jpeg


77 year old fossils don't have jet black hair. :dunno:

Neither do 65 year olds like Stump.
 
Last edited:
hahah I have an Andy Timmons Pandora station and that came up yesterday and I though tit was Malmsteen unit I checked it...
 
I wonder why he has to do Yngwie, there already is one and is still alive. He can play, but the style and look and kinda the tone?
 
I've never heard of Stump. I liked the track, though the drums were monotonous.
 
Back
Top