Tremol-no Question

xzyryabx

I recently got my hands on my first tremol-no and thus far I'm pretty happy with it.
I'm having a small problem with it though, and not sure if it's an installation problem or a hardware issue:
When I bend a note, I hear a "knock" coming from the tremolo-no....so i opened up the back to see what's going on and I noticed that the part circled in red in the pic moves back and forth around 1mm, which results in the knock when the bridge is stressed and the block moves.
Can someone clear this up for me please?

Attachments

• tremol-no-installed.jpg
    tremol-no-installed.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,488
I have one on a Suhr I'm selling. It was installed at the factory and makes no noise whatsoever.

Mine does that. I have it set for dive only. It's because when you bend the string it pulls the trem down and when you release the trem goes back and slaps the stop. Like you I only use 3 springs because I like the bouncy feel of the trem that way.Loosen it and make sure it is slid back tight against the stop. You could add another spring to your trem to stiffen it up, that may help, maybe put a thin piece of rubber or something in there to cushion it a little and keep it quiet or just live with it.

BrokenFusion":3f96ry73 said:
Mine does that. I have it set for dive only. It's because when you bend the string it pulls the trem down and when you release the trem goes back and slaps the stop. Like you I only use 3 springs because I like the bouncy feel of the trem that way.Loosen it and make sure it is slid back tight against the stop. You could add another spring to your trem to stiffen it up, that may help, maybe put a thin piece of rubber or something in there to cushion it a little and keep it quiet or just live with it.

That's not the clicking I'm talking about, but you're right mine does the same when its set to float the term.
I should have specified, but my issue occurs when the tremolno is locked so that the bridge is fixed.
I came across a few posts that seem to indicate that some of these tremolnos were machined with that hinge a bit too lose which sounds like my situation but not sure....
:confused:

I have them in three guitars. Overall, I don't know that I'm happy with the changes. The knock that you're getting is because you don't have it aligned properly. You need to loosen the little allen screw, on the piece that you've circled and make sure that the bar is straight. You're off just a little bit.

The second problem, if that is aligned, is that the bar itself is bent. I did this to one of mine, because I forgot that I locked it and was diving bombing with the whammy. This will cause a groove or bend in the tremel-no bar.

billsbigego":2bzvl9sc said:
Sorry, I have never seen that device. I guess it locks the whole thing out completely eh?

Yes but you can easily go from full float to locked to dive, unlike a homemade block.

Back