Triple G rectifier clip

I hear alot of the King's X dogman tone in that clip... :m4: If my 2001 3channel Dual Rectifier had sound like that that I may have kept it!

Killer grind and growl!:inlove: I don't hear any of the mud that the three channel Rectos' had, I have no idea what rev mine was...

I was disappointed in my 3 channel Recto after all these years I now know it was because Ty was using an early two channel model.

interesting, ive never listened to kings x but i see that album mentioned all the time in great mix discussions, ill have to check it out. i thought this thing was gonna be more big and mushy but i guess thats more the duals than triples.

k8peqh7.jpg
Congrats man! I wish I could find another Mesa locally.

BTW, are you certain you nabbed a Rev. G? Normally, the Rev. Gs all has the larger Mesa logo...

Congrats man! I wish I could find another Mesa locally.

BTW, are you certain you nabbed a Rev. G? Normally, the Rev. Gs all has the larger Mesa logo...
There are Rev Gs with small logos.

Sounds massive, RaceU4Her! Is this a regular SM57 or that Unidyne one? Makes me want a Triple...lol I barely play my Dual anymore because it's just soft and mushy feeling.

Sounds massive, RaceU4Her! Is this a regular SM57 or that Unidyne one? Makes me want a Triple...lol I barely play my Dual anymore because it's just soft and mushy feeling.

Unidyne. One day I’ll have to grab a dual and see what’s going on cause this triple is the opppsite I’ve ever heard about rectos in both tone and feel. I did have the bass basically off in this clip though which I remember reading never should go over 9 o’clock

Triple is way tighter, bigger (obviously) and just better than any early G duals I’ve tried. The ‘bloat’ that I would hear is non existent.

Unidyne. One day I’ll have to grab a dual and see what’s going on cause this triple is the opppsite I’ve ever heard about rectos in both tone and feel. I did have the bass basically off in this clip though which I remember reading never should go over 9 o’clock
The G duals I’ve tried have a ‘tubbiness’ or ‘bloat’ that couldn’t be dialed out even with a boost.

Yeah, it's worth trying a Dual at some point. I never really go as low as "off" with the bass control, but the orange channel is a bit weird in the EQ. Something like 9 o'clock on red modern is about where I put it.

Triple is way tighter, bigger (obviously) and just better than any early G duals I’ve tried. The ‘bloat’ that I would hear is non existent.

Now I need to try one!. I was eyeballing the 2-channel Triple owned by Testament a few months ago. Everything's so overpriced now. I got a really good trade offer (Triple G plus $300) for my Dual G. Now I'm wondering if I should have taken it. Every new Mesa amp is a whole boat of possible issues that you don't discover until you spend time with it though lol

We recently picked up a Triple Rec and were pleasantly surprised it is tighter and just all round 'better' than a dual. I had always assumed they would sound very similar at non-cranked volumes.

Sounds great man :cheers:
Trying to catch up.
No Mimiq in this one, you laid 2 tracks (orange boosted and red unboosted)?
Your Mig clip is still haunting me tho :eek:

Sounds great man :cheers:
Trying to catch up.
No Mimiq in this one, you laid 2 tracks (orange boosted and red unboosted)?
Your Mig clip is still haunting me tho :eek:

Two each side on this one. I did a comparison of a real L/R with a different amp on each side and the mimiq going to each amp with one take and I couldn’t tell which was the real one in a blind test. If I get a few minutes tonight I’ll do another quick demo

Back