Triple Rectifier clip (now with mark III comparison)

Holy-diver

Any constructive feedback is welcome as far as the guitar tone goes, this is a sm57 on a widebody thiele with the c90
recto

and sm57 on evm left, creamback 75 right 4x12, mark iii

Last edited:
PULL THE PLUG! :rock:

I think the tone needs a bit more edge to it in the high mids, but certainly not a bad tone you’ve worked up dude. Possibly get this with a boost if you’re not using one, or maybe a V30 over the C90 in the thiele. I’ll be honest my few experiences with the Mesa thiele cabinet weren’t impressive. I liked the sound in the room, but under a mic always seem a little distant sounding compared to even a standard 1x12.

PULL THE PLUG! :rock:

I think the tone needs a bit more edge to it in the high mids, but certainly not a bad tone you’ve worked up dude. Possibly get this with a boost if you’re not using one, or maybe a V30 over the C90 in the thiele. I’ll be honest my few experiences with the Mesa thiele cabinet weren’t impressive. I liked the sound in the room, but under a mic always seem a little distant sounding compared to even a standard 1x12.
Yeah I’m feeling that, I’m gonna try swapping out the c90. I typically like the thieles I have owned but I think my 4x12 records better

It's a little too midrange heavy for my taste, but still good. I think it would sound more album-like and professional with the guitars a bit less forward-sounding if that is your goal. I'd like to hear a little more depth to the sound, but that's just me.

It's a little too midrange heavy for my taste, but still good. I think it would sound more album-like and professional with the guitars a bit less forward-sounding if that is your goal. I'd like to hear a little more depth to the sound, but that's just me.
Yeah I think depth is what I’m always lacking in my clips, the guitar sounds too middy and one dimensional. It’s definitely a micing issue

Love the clip with the Mark III, it has that top end presence that the recto clip is lacking. Mixing both tones would be a good idea... Getting the thump of the recto, with the mids of the Mark.

Definitely has some of that depth with the 4x12 on this one regardless of the supposed micing issues you say you struggle with. Sounds better to me!

Definitely has some of that depth with the 4x12 on this one regardless of the supposed micing issues you say you struggle with. Sounds better to me!
Yeah the mark is just better I think; I liked the recorded tone through the mark-thiele in my other comparison better as well.
Love the clip with the Mark III, it has that top end presence that the recto clip is lacking. Mixing both tones would be a good idea... Getting the thump of the recto, with the mids of the Mark.
Actually I think the punchier thumpiest tone I got out of all 4 of the tracks was the mark iii with treble and gain backed down a bit, pull deep and boosted with a mini ts808. Soloed it sounds by far the best for this sort of tone

Yeah the mark is just better I think; I liked the recorded tone through the mark-thiele in my other comparison better as well.

Actually I think the punchier thumpiest tone I got out of all 4 of the tracks was the mark iii with treble and gain backed down a bit, pull deep and boosted with a mini ts808. Soloed it sounds by far the best for this sort of tone
That's boosted hey, it sounds great. I've never liked the results I got boosting a Mark series amp as they almost have a pre-boosted sound to them already, but I can see how backing off the treble might help it sound a little bit better with a boost, maybe even dialing in the bass a little higher as well and getting it a tiny bit flubby and then using the ts808 to re-tighten things up.

That's boosted hey, it sounds great. I've never liked the results I got boosting a Mark series amp as they almost have a pre-boosted sound to them already, but I can see how backing off the treble might help it sound a little bit better with a boost, maybe even dialing in the bass a little higher as well and getting it a tiny bit flubby and then using the ts808 to re-tighten things up.
Yeah one track I ran like that, then I miced the creamback 75, the other side is unboosted evm12l

Back