Unique "Heavily Processed" 80s/90s Tones

It lives….fits right under that table perfectly.

Attachments

• IMG_0873.jpeg
    IMG_0873.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 36
Same. It was this era when I was introduced to him so the nostalgia plays a part, but even 25 years later and knowing all his albums inside and out, it’s still my favorite full length Vai album, with Alien Love Secrets being my favorite EP.

Fuckin’ dude was 36 when he put out Fire Garden. I remember being a teen and thinking he was an older dude, now I’m 40 and don’t have a single album out. :ROFLMAO:
After that his albums just didn’t grab me any more . Ultra Zone is cool but just idk

After that his albums just didn’t grab me any more . Ultra Zone is cool but just idk

Same. Couple tunes on UZ I dig but they’re definitely not at the top of my Vai list. The last one, Inviolate, was my favorite thing he’s done since Fire Garden. Back to a more organic tone and it was too the point while still having crazy shit like that “Teeth of The Hydra“ and “Knapsack”

Same. Couple tunes on UZ I dig but they’re definitely not at the top of my Vai list. The last one, Inviolate, was my favorite thing he’s done since Fire Garden. Back to a more organic tone and it was too the point while still having crazy shit like that “Teeth of The Hydra“ and “Knapsack”
I got to check out . I didn’t

@RevDrucifer @Techdeth You guys didn't like Real Illusions: Reflections? I agree his later work was just meh, but that album sticks out to me.

I haven’t heard it since it came out, but I do remember digging the 7th song on that album. Might have been timing, I was getting into heavier stuff around that same period and the instrumental guitar thing wasn’t as appealing. I’ll have to listen to that again.

A lot of people say it’s the Octo preset but I’m 99% certain it’s actually the Slap Chorus preset from the intelliverb
I wonder how different those presets are. I would assume you could dial it in on either unit.

Could be any number of Missing Persons songs. This band was really good.

This dude got some heavily processed '80s tones with PowerStation and Duran Duran. But the highlight tone for me here is the heavily processed drum tones.

I have both units. Pretty certain the slap chorus isn’t a preset on the intellifex but yea you could manually dial it in
Yeah, I dont think I have ever seen a Slap Chorus preset, and I think I have most of them saved that are available out there. Someone would probably have to write out all the settings and manually enter them. That is actually what I did with the Octopus setting, as I have the Intellifex Online, which doesnt have that preset.

Yeah, I dont think I have ever seen a Slap Chorus preset, and I think I have most of them saved that are available out there. Someone would probably have to write out all the settings and manually enter them. That is actually what I did with the Octopus setting, as I have the Intellifex Online, which doesnt have that preset.
I think I’m forgetting the actual name of the preset but it’s something along those lines. I’ll go check my intelliverb in a bit and get back to you

Steve never abandoned the rack, even to this day...dug this out of my old guitar mag collection...Probably one of the best issues of all time IMO. SO much more rack goodness in this issue, I'll post more of it.
img20230827_19401089.jpg
img20230827_19410652.jpg

someone will offer up a fking Dokken song.
I'm that guy, and you GD Right, betta believe it lol ;) Those heavily delayed/verbed tones fit the bill of this thread and then some.

Hard to have a thread like this without including it(I'm an HRI old timer/refugee here)....Kristian Larsen is flying that flag high these days:

Highly recommend David Phillip's(LA Sound Design) channel...., Good stuff, gorgeous:

Steve never abandoned the rack, even to this day...dug this out of my old guitar mag collection...Probably one of the best issues of all time IMO. SO much more rack goodness in this issue, I'll post more of it.View attachment 241709View attachment 241712

I'm that guy, and you GD Right, betta believe it lol ;) Those heavily delayed/verbed tones fit the bill of this thread and then some.

Still a rack guy but quite a bit different from those days-

KL4zMFM9CqhXtdVm966EgU.jpg

Synergy pre’s and the Fractal is all there is at this point. He was cool enough to give Fractal his effects blocks this past Christmas, so anyone with a current gen Fractal unit can use the exact delays and harmony settings he’s using live. There might be a chorus in there, I can’t remember.

I made this little noodle using the delay and harmony settings (harmony comes in towards the end)

Back