HAGEN REVIEW - about 30 hours in...

Thanks for this great review, uncle Mo!
I was waiting this, specially knowing that you were a 'Vh4-poweruser' ;) I've liked a lot what I've read, specially on the channel 3.
I will wait those clips, I can imagine that it must be difficult to 'capture' the vibe you're feeling! Thanks for the great effort!

kudos on the review, a good read, would love to hear these in the flesh, so far only sighted one band through here use a VH4 ..and i live next to germany lol

As per the post about the BG versus the BHT, I'd have to say, coming from a definite NON-Ruby kinda guy (I'm there with ya, Pauly!!), I can't imagine how anything else would sound so 'alive' in this amp. But as per the review, some time down the road I will experiment - not to 'better' the amp, just for science...

But I gotsta say, these BGs, wow. And as for the low end, there's plenty of it with this head. Diezel + Depth is one of my fave equations :D

Rockin' Steady,
Mo :thumbsup:

...damn, this Hagen reviews are driving me insane... :doh:
Hope I can try one someday...but I fear I won't be able to come back home alone if that happens :D

Ventura":1cd5bvzg said:
As per the post about the BG versus the BHT, I'd have to say, coming from a definite NON-Ruby kinda guy (I'm there with ya, Pauly!!), I can't imagine how anything else would sound so 'alive' in this amp. But as per the review, some time down the road I will experiment - not to 'better' the amp, just for science...

But I gotsta say, these BGs, wow. And as for the low end, there's plenty of it with this head. Diezel + Depth is one of my fave equations :D

Rockin' Steady,
Mo :thumbsup:

I love being the "other" guy part of the 6550 club! LOL. Great review buddy. you have def peaked my curiosity!!! :D which is nor good or bad...now sports

Really nice review - thanks a lot :thumbsup:

@Pauly: Here is another guy still using 6550s (but you cannot count me as a whole user since I only have one pair mixed with EL34s in my Herbert ;) )

Ventura":ksoruw17 said:
Hello Fellow Forumites and Diezelheads...

Clean Channel:
Straight up, the sparkle, cleanliness, and shine is different than anything I've heard from any other Diezel. It's not the 'piano like' percussive clean like that of the VH4, or even the Herbert. It's really shiny and crisp, but of course, sounds just as powerful and direct, and full and potent with the volumes turned up. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it's almost got a 'spank' to it. Brilliant, bright, and really clear...Mo

Out of all the Diezels, there's no more spectacular clean than the CH1 Herbert through V30s brilliant - period.

King Crimson":o77dezm5 said:
Ventura":o77dezm5 said:

Clean Channel:
Straight up, the sparkle, cleanliness, and shine is different than anything I've heard from any other Diezel. It's not the 'piano like' percussive clean like that of the VH4, or even the Herbert. It's really shiny and crisp, but of course, sounds just as powerful and direct, and full and potent with the volumes turned up. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it's almost got a 'spank' to it. Brilliant, bright, and really clear...Mo

Out of all the Diezels, there's no more spectacular clean than the CH1 Herbert through V30s brilliant - period.

Dude...I love the Herbert too (and own one), but come on: is it really necessary to do this on EVERY thread about another Diezel amp?

Thanks for the review !

It seems a beast, I just wish it had the same loops options as the VH4...

I was thinking about the insert loops mostly. But that's just theoritically speaking as my plans for buying a new amp have been reduced to dust lately :( Only temporary stuff though :D

spirit7":1gukns0l said:
Dude...I love the Herbert too (and own one), but come on: is it really necessary to do this on EVERY thread about another Diezel amp?

Lol, no shit! Quit raggin on him, cause then I wouldn't get my free comedy in EVERY Diezel thread.

Reiep":1kvr9t1g said:
I was thinking about the insert loops mostly. But that's just theoritically speaking as my plans for buying a new amp have been reduced to dust lately :( Only temporary stuff though :D
FWIW, being a V owner, I used the inserts at first, but realized they were a bit restrictive overall... I mean, terrific technology and a major PLUS if an effect or two per channel is your schtick, but I really found that:
a) Diezels rarely need much of anything to augment their tone
b) Of the effects I do use, I prefer to have them accessible on all channels
c) By combining stomp-in-front, serial loop for end of chain FX, and parallel for timing based delay, everything's ace!!

Hope this helps.
Mo

King Crimson":147n3z7k said:
Ventura":147n3z7k said:

Clean Channel:

:doh:

I think we are all in agreement that the Herbert's clean tone is brilliant...Let's hear more about the Hagen.
...Let's get those clips and vid up to go with the great review!!!

King Crimson":212phau6 said:
Ventura":212phau6 said:

Clean Channel:

I havent played a Hagen YET....but here i would have to agree w the King! :LOL: :LOL:

PaulyPanacea":i6ywqmnl said:
King Crimson":i6ywqmnl said:
Ventura":i6ywqmnl said:

Clean Channel:

I havent played a Hagen YET....but here i would have to agree w the King! :LOL: :LOL:
:doh: :banhim: :D

Back